Dungeons & Dragons for ZIG!

Discuss how totally awesome Bang! is here.

Moderator: Terryn

What can be said now?

Dungeons & Dragons for ZIG!

Post by 822 »

Okay, fine, I'll admit, I haven't actually started yet. But since D&D is so complicated, don't you think it could be done.... in ZIG? There could be a huge overworld map or something with dungeons and complex political storylines. Admit it - it could be done. A box would pop up when you hit spacebar, and like you type in a verb, like "PICK UP" or "JUMP" or "CLIMB" and there could be (since there are unlimited variables) and like it would roll a check and like you would have ability scores and skills in the sidebar (which would actually be pretty big). And like, there would be a battle engine. And you would have to get it in installments, like, here is a small wilderness area to explore, and here is (as another game) the Metropolis of Mournhold. Like, to go from game to game, you type "CONTINE" into that box and like it gives you a code that is a mix of letters, capitals, and numbers like AbbCnDkkn3Dn3DGG3Knn67, and only when you type it into the next game do you get it - it's all of your stats and inventory! And maybe flags, too! Or maybe, each game is a big adventure, and I could like transcibe the D&D adventure modules into the Engine that I'd make. Wouldn't that be awesome?

AKA, a lot of work?

Thoughts, comments?
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

look, i'll be serious here.

Nobody uses zig.

Even when zig was actively worked on only like 3 people used it.

Zig was neat, I'll give you that, but if actually want to put all this effort into a game use Megazeux, if you say "buhh mzx doesn't run on my system" Exophase recently finished the port for windows so now it is sex and you will get people who will play it.

Plus Zig never had saves.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

As soon as I saw the title I thought "nobody uses zig, i'll steer the poor kid towards mzx" but Dos seems to have covered it well for me.

So, in summation;

nobody uses zig. seriously, if you make it in zig nobody will play it. make it in megazeux. i recommend <a href="http://www.digitalmzx.net/games/mzx280c.zip">version 2.80c</a>.

i provided a link because i am nice.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 136 »

Dungens and dragons can not be dun on computer. You need dungen master to do it! Altho sum peple can do it bi email.. I think it cood be dun on BYOND or sumthing els similer with 1 persen being a dungen master wich log on the same time as evrybudy els, hu makes evrything hapen, exsept the core rules uv the game (roling ability scores, hiting with wepens, biing standerd stuf st standerd stores, etc.) wich the dungen master can customize useing scripting programing.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

We missed you, zzo.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Dungens and Dragons

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

You can so do Dungens and Dragons on the computer! All you need for the Dungen Master is to program a simple Human Imagination routine that will randomly generate worlds and storylines while still making them make sense somehow. Or you just can make the Dungen Master some really unhelpful guy like in the cartoon. It's your choice. :adomisfreewareyoudontneedacrackorserialnumbertopl
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

what is dungeons and dragons
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

i think it's a game that involves a dice with many sides
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

1d100 baby

*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

woah

I thought Scattergories had a hardcore dice. But that reminds me, in Wet Hot American Summer there was some kind of crazy dice. What was that?
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

oh no a trivia question

thinking hurts my brain :(
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i think is was a twenty sided die, but it saved the world/camp.

Now excuse me, i'm going to go hump the fridge.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Don't get stuck this time, Commodore.