how do i...

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

What can be said now?

how do i...

Post by 332 »

How do i make the games in the ZZT world select arranged alphabetically?
Will Sharber
What can be said now?

Post by Will Sharber »

I'm not sure, but I think you would have to go to the file that contains all of your zzt stuff and right click. Then select Arrange:alphabetically. Then go into zzt and they should be alphabetically arranged.

But I don't think that even works.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

It does not.

What I do, is well, let's say zzt was is C:\ZZT

in C:\ZZT i make another folder called... uh... "organize"
then copy all the .zzt files (and i assume .sav would work as well) into the organize folder. Then DELETE ALL THE .ZZT FILES IN C:\ZZT. Then in the organize folder, organize the games by name, select them all, and drag them back into C:\ZZT. Then they will be in order.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

I had this problem once. Strangely enough, I left it alone and it organized itself one day. Weird eh?
Will Sharber
What can be said now?

Post by Will Sharber »

Indeed.
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

or move all your zzt games to a new directory, run zzt, then move them back
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

I seem to recall that Stak/GameMstr1 included a batch file with one of his horrible games, either How To Act Like A ZZTer, or ZZT Tutorial, that was supposed to alphabetize your ZZT directory. Whether, it actually works, I have no idea, as I never tried it.
What can be said now?

Post by 68 »

I thought that there was a utility that was supposed to do that :(
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Homz wrote:I seem to recall that Stak/GameMstr1 included a batch file with one of his horrible games, either How To Act Like A ZZTer, or ZZT Tutorial, that was supposed to alphabetize your ZZT directory. Whether, it actually works, I have no idea, as I never tried it.
Yes! ZZTALPHA.BAT. It's in How to Be a ZZTer. It's just a bunch of MOVE commands, from memory, working on much the same principle as what Clecky said. It only alphabetises the games based on the first letter, but that in itself is pretty useful for your own game directory.

If you're talking about a large list of others' games, I'd instead advise you to get ZMenu, which sorts the games completely and even compresses them for you. You need PKZIP and PKUNZIP for that, since they aren't included in the ZIP file.

Also, before you use it, be aware that from memory it assumes your game directory is C:\ZZT\ (mine isn't).
What can be said now?

Post by 454 »

The way what works for me, is to move all my ZZT games to c:\, run zzt, quit, then move all your games back to the zzt directory. Solved.

Strange thing is, when i first started ZZTing, all new zzt games were sent to the end of the list, then when i add new ones now, they appear at a random place in the games list when i sellect a new world. Strange.
What can be said now?

Post by 519 »

ZZT seems to randomize my worlds. Whenever I make a new world, it always appears in some wierd location not close to anything selected by Page Down, etcIT HURTS MY HEAD.
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

I have folders for a-e, f-j, etc. and it works LIKE A CHARM. And I can't imagine why anyone would put their own projects with their game collection. I can't even begin to explain what's wrong with that.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

Yeah, that's smart, never thought of that.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

You know what's funny? After my mom got the computer taken to be virus-cleaned or whatever, all my ZZT games were in alphabetical order. I'll bet whoever did the cleaning made a backup of my My Documents folder and copied the files back alphabetically sorted. Of course, any game I make now ends up at the bottom of the list, but I can still search the older games by filename.
ººF PººF wrote:And I can't imagine why anyone would put their own projects with their game collection. I can't even begin to explain what's wrong with that.
It's awesome, that's why.

Although my brother and I do have separate ZZT folders. I don't think he uses his much anymore.