ZZT online!

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

What can be said now?

Post by 449 »

Dr. Dos wrote:It helps to give them the BANG! site address!
http://bangdepot.tk I believe.
This was included in my post, infact. Oh well. I've been talking to Adv and he says he's no time to work on PocketZZT with work and school. Perhaps if you asked him he'd send you the source code of what he's made so far.
What can be said now?

Post by 354 »

That sounds to an Online RPG or the Sims. And you could make a better clone...
:scream: ARGHHHHHH
What can be said now?

Post by 348 »

What can be said now?

Post by 136 »

I started makeing up sumthing, I will put helths and gun and push sliders, difrint peple's houses, and uther stuf like in ZZT, and then I will post it here
What can be said now?

Post by 49 »

Another one of these topics...

Anyway, maybe instead of submitting a house, you could buy a "lot" (a zzt room) and build on it. Or you could just buy a premade house. Would we be able to alter (by programming) the objects we bought?
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

What's the point of owning an area if you can't do anything with it?
TTTPPP
Latest band news: "There are no news!"

Post by TTTPPP »

You could look at it for a while, then sell it on to make a profit.
In this way it would be posible for a shrewd tycoon to build their way up in the marketplace.
Maybe you could charge your friends a small viewing charge for looking at your house.
nondescript
i am a bee. i fly around and say 'buzz'

Post by nondescript »

My Liver Hurtz wrote:For over the year I've had this one theory that would just barely make it possible to make multiplayer games within ZZT, but I've never had the courage to actually test my theories. The engine would be limited though, pretty much limited to RPG battles.
turn-based hotseat game, don;t save after finishing a game or the multiplayer board is ruined forever.
What can be said now?

Post by 458 »

UPDATE!

in zzt online it should be possible to edit a house (which WILL be purchased in the form of an empty board) in any way imaginable either online(realtime) or offline.

also, the only thing you will ahve to have admin's help with is changing board links (off edges), making new boards (they will be updated during a short period in the night when the server is taken down for automated maintenace.) and getting a user profile.

users will be encouraged to make minigames, etc. in their lots and can charge whatever admission they want (although not many people will spend millions of gems to see a crappy newbie maze game.)

I will continue to inform you all of progress in the actual programming!
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

THIS IS SOUNDING GOOD. YOU GET TWO THUMBS UP FROM MOOSEKA.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

YES, THERE WILL BE NOTHING LIKE HARDCORE ZZT GAMBLING.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I WANT ZZT DEATHMATCH
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

If this ZZT online will come true, could you make a section where it is like my Jotz Town? All you have to do is get houses from other people and put them in a city like place. Then in it, you can make several stores which you can sell ammo, torches, etc.
╟ is the best char.
What can be said now?

Post by 458 »

If anyone wants, they could easily create their own small towns in zzt online. all you would have to do is:

1) call up the admins, or find one online and ask for the number of boards you need, and how they will interconnect.

2) gather a group of "friends"

3) wait for the server update (next day..)

4) build your town with the help of said friends while online.

5) update signposts so others can find your town (unless it is a secret)

6) allow mass chaos, profiteering, and good old fashioned fun to ensue!

By the way, a ZZT online project website is in the works (I will post a link when it is up) and my team has just about finished with setting up our header files and figuring out the file-format. yay.

the core game engine code should be portable, as well as network code and the editor, but each OS will need it's own graphics libraries( direct X for mac doesn't actually exist) and and interface. We plan to make ZOL for Windows, DOS, and Linux. anyone willing to port it to Mac OS, Amiga, FreeBSD, etc. when the time comes?
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

So, can I apply to be an admin?