ZZT in Euphoria

Discuss how totally awesome Bang! is here.

Moderator: Terryn

What can be said now?

Post by 940 »

thanks for the tip, ill go cry now
What can be said now?

Post by 235 »

I thought corndog was made in Qbasic.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

It could have been but I actually read somewhere that it was made with Euphoria. I don't remember where I read it though.
EuphoriaZZTer
Pikachu Power!

Wow. A lot for one day.

Post by EuphoriaZZTer »

Thanks for all the replies. Here are my responses to them:
Zenith Nadir wrote:With Gahn as my witness, I will *always* love Pokemon. It's great that there are so many people that share this interest with me; if it weren't for Pokemon's popularity, we'd probably be without the new episodes, tons and tons of Pokemon-related products, and a movie...but for the love of James, the whole TREND thing is starting to annoy the crap out of me. A year ago, I could wear my Pikachu shirt, and nobody would recognize it but the *true* Pokemon fans. Now, wherever I go, I'm at risk of being called a "Trend freak", or having people yell "Pokemon sucks! It's for ten-year olds!" or something along those lines. (Either that, or I have people yelling stuff like "PIKA PIKA!" or "BULBA BULBA!" at me...)

Well, I am *proud* to say, I'm sixteen, and I've been an avid fan of anime most of my life. I can remember, back in the day...it was probably around September of '98, when Pokemon first debuted in America, I thought "Hey...it's anime! It's gotta be cool!" My friends and I started watching it, every morning at six while getting ready for marching band (which started at 6:30...), then we'd spend first hour talking about the episode. Good times. Nowadays, every time I try to go to the mall to get myself some cool Pokemon stuff, I have to push through humongous crowds of screaming little snot-nosed brats.

I know that's harsh, but it makes me very angry, because *they* are the fad-followers. Pokemon is nothing to them but the "flavor of the month". It's *insane*.

I went to go watch the Pokemon movie on Wednesday night, and even though I live in a teeny-tiny podunk town with a fair-sized theatre, the theatre was PACKED with little tykes who wouldn't SHUT UP after the movie started, who wouldn't stop yelling stuff like "HEY LOOK, MOMMY, IT'S MEW! MEWMEWMEWMEWMEW!!!"

I mean, kids are *stabbing each other* for cards, the game is being exiled on playgrounds all over the country, Baptist ministers are burning Pokemon toys, psychologists are even comparing Pokemon obsessions to alcohol and drug addictions. It's all of *those* people that are making Pokemon look bad.

I understand that many of us are true fans, and we'll still like Pokemon *after* the whole craze is over. But currently, I'm starting to get rather annoyed. I'm able to laugh at it all, though, because I know that it will end eventually, and then, I'll get *huge* discounts on all the Poke-merchandise I could never afford ^_^.
This one really caught my attention. Though it has nothing to do with Euphoria, I just want to say: "I concur." I am 17, myself.

Next:
FSFunky wrote:also euphoria looks like crap and therefore i can't their programming language serious. I mean, their site looks like it was made in 1997 with GeoCities' HomePage Editor.
Al I have to say here is "looks can be decieving." To tell you the truth, when I had first downloaded it, (I was about 14 years old at the time.) I thought it was so cool!, then i used it, and thought it was too hard and complex. Two years later, I loved it.

Well, that's all the replies, but I have another update:
I am using ZZT++, the document on the ZZT file format, Euphoria, and Hexplorer (a hex editor.) to help in programming.
Good news: Euphoria is a lot like C code in some aspects.
Bad news: I am completely new to C code, other than the binary coding, and that is what I really need help on.

Maybe all I need is some sort of reference manual on all of the C functions, and how to program in C. I really am a fast learner, as I now already know some of the basic comncepts of C coding.

PS: When I do finish the proect, I've decided to create two versions. One version will be like the ZZT++ project: an exact duplicate of ZZT. The second version will basically be a continuation of ZZT in it's history. Maybe I might even be able to meet Tim Sweeny. Who knows?
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Hexplorer. Hexplore. Heh.

Anyway, welcome, and good luck with your project! Don't be discouraged by anyone here; from the look of our emoticons you can tell we aren't always serious, and many flames are in jest.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Quantum P. wrote:Hexplorer. Hexplore. Heh.

Anyway, welcome, and good luck with your project! Don't be discouraged by anyone here; from the look of our emoticons you can tell we aren't always serious, and many flames are in jest.
do not laugh at me

I was once like you
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

shut up you mother-fucking piece of shit

SHUT UP

:agh:
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

heh. hook line and sinker, zn
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 894 »

People make a big fuss about programming languages, but in the end it does not matter that much, really. The only real thing to watch for is if your chosen language does not have decent support for things that you will need, such as graphics and sound. Go ahead and use whatever you are most comfortable with, just write the program! Isn't it much better to have a good program written in Euphoria than a non-existent one not written in C++? Heh.
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

Heh. Heh.
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

Heh. XD
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
craycpanda
god not again i hate you

Post by craycpanda »

FSFunky wrote:also euphoria looks like crap and therefore i can't their programming language serious.
funky is famous for writing before thinking. :learn:
gay for gay users
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

craycpanda wrote:
FSFunky wrote:also euphoria looks like crap and therefore i can't their programming language serious.
funky is famous for writing before thinking. :learn:

yeah :(

my mind is faster than my ability to type
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
EuphoriaZZTer
Pikachu Power!

Post by EuphoriaZZTer »

Noiprox wrote:People make a big fuss about programming languages, but in the end it does not matter that much, really. The only real thing to watch for is if your chosen language does not have decent support for things that you will need, such as graphics and sound. Go ahead and use whatever you are most comfortable with, just write the program! Isn't it much better to have a good program written in Euphoria than a non-existent one not written in C++? Heh.
Good point. Actually, any free-time I have available, other than now, of course, I work on it. It is my main project at this point. I am making headway, but ZZT++ only goes so far. Once I finish converting, I will simplify, and the work on programming the rest. Thanks for the advice. I think I will be able to finish converting it in two weeks, then programming it might take a couple months. However, considering that this is only done in my free time, I won't make too much progress until summertime. Don't worry, though, I expect to finish the whole shebang within two years. At the rate I am going now, it will take about 8 months. I will keep you guys posted.

Official Tentative Phase 2 Completion Date:
3 weeks.

Official Tentative Project Completion Date:
2 years.

All Other Completion Dates: TBD

PS: Feel free to tell me if I spelled "Tentative" incorrectly. I don't want to consult a dictionary as it would take time away from the project. I may be lazy, but I am consistant. I promise to make sure all of you ZZTers out there are satisfied.

PPS: When I do finish, and send the program out, please be as critical as you want. This first project is to make it exactly like ZZT, so if you find ANY inconsistancies, I encourage you to let me know.

PPPS: Also, with Euphoria, you will also be able to play it on any Linux machine as well. At least, if I program it that way. That's all for now. Keep the replies comming! (But please have something to do with the topic. Be as funny as you want, but stay on topic. *cough* Zenith Nadir *cough* ::Waits for a response, as I jokingly critisized him:: )
What can be said now?

Post by 894 »

How is it coming along?
Also, why not post your C questions about ZZT++ here?
Perhaps someone will know enough C to help.