ZZT games playable online

Post your suggestions for the site here so we can get on with ignoring them. Democracy in action!

Moderator: Zenith Nadir

bigleague4040
I put ZZT on my iPhone.

ZZT games playable online

Post by bigleague4040 »

There's a Java PC emulator that runs DOS, among other OSs. I found it on the internet playing Doom. I quickly threw my old ZZT copy into it and found it works quite well! Doing this would make the games playable from the internet, not requiring all sorts of DOSBox and other stuff [because Windows Vista and 7 don't play the beeping some people call music in zzt, they just click repeatedly].
I put ZZT on my phone. :)
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Which Java emulator are you using? JPC?

Details like that are important!
bigleague4040
I put ZZT on my iPhone.

Post by bigleague4040 »

Yeah, that one. I wasn't aware there was any other. And I'm just so used to talking like that because the kids at my school don't even know what java is, so I really don't need to be formal there because no one listens anyways...
Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Post by Scribbit »

That's pretty cool! I didn't know you could simulate dos in java. I mean I know it's theoretically possible, but it seems like it'd be buggy because it's... y'know... java.
I'm nupanick.
bigleague4040
I put ZZT on my iPhone.

Post by bigleague4040 »

Yeah, java can be kinda buggy, but check out my game at tsa.amazingcatsnews.com. Click on the link to Joe's Adventure, and just type ZZT at the dos prompt, the path should be correct. It tosses errors at me for not including Town, but I didn't feel like copying it, so get over it :)