Belsambar is Moving! To WestHost (crosspost from DigitalMZX)

..................WTF?! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS "XRUMER"?!

Moderator: Quantum P.

Insidious
newcomer

Belsambar is Moving! To WestHost (crosspost from DigitalMZX)

Post by Insidious »

All the data is currently transferred. However, we currently need this information before we're ready to flip the switch and magically move belsambar from dreamhost to westhost.

LOGIN INFO for BELSAMBAR ACCOUNTS

I need to know what password you want! Currently all of your accounts have horrible random-gen passwords like #*fH4k*@@#$4gjjL9 and stuff.

Accounts who have provided me with a new password:
terryn
ler

People who need to either provide me with a new one or state that they're not really using belsambar anymore and I can feel free to delete their data:
apage43
aw
bungakerty
burstroc
calmacrobats (KKairos)
echeese
malwyn
nimatt (NiMa)
z2archive (Z2 Administrative Staff)

DATABASE INFO for BELSAMBAR ACCOUNTS

I need to know your old database username and password, so that I can slot your database in and all you'll have to change will be the database hostname. Database names have been preserved as the filename of the backup, so those aren't needed unless its different from whats listed here.

These databases are on file:

apage43
burstroc
echeese
ler
malwyn
outerspacedb
z2sql

ADDED BECAUSE ITS ONLY REALLY RELEVANT HERE:

I'll be pulling a new backup from Z2's z2sql database just before I change the nameservers over, so dont worry about losing forum posts. I do need you guys to tell me in what files I need to change your database hostnames and such so that things Dont Break.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

if anyone's wondering, YES the move is related to last week's downtime

also you have z2's pass now. i know this to be true.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

wait, so do we need to give our account info to zaphod, or is it only staff/not-z2-fora-members here? I'm confused.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

No, this is just a z2 staff thing. I've already contacted him and I think he has everything he needs.

On a side note, this is probably a good time to tell everyone that (1) nobody should ever ask you for your z2 fora password, and (2) our security isn't top-notch, so you probably use a different password to do all your online banking.