Lowtax is dead. Help his kids.

..................WTF?! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS "XRUMER"?!

Moderator: Quantum P.

Commodore
fgsdfs

Lowtax is dead. Help his kids.

Post by Commodore »

If you are of a certain age, and I am guessing many of us are of that age, Something Awful was a part of your internet upbringing. Well Lowtax is dead. And left three children behind. If you ever dropped ten dollars on SA, consider spending more on his children: https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-a-friend-in-hiding
Last edited by Commodore on Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Re: Lowtax is dead. Help his kids.

Post by Ando »

Holy crap, how did that happen? I know that he had drug addiction problems for a loooooong time, so I'm guessing that it probably had something to do with it. This is kind of tragic because he kind of ruined his family and his life.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

That certainly contributed but it was a long downward spiral. Long story short, he was a domestic abuser (allegedly, on the internet, but signs very much point to yes) and just had a family court decision come down after squandering all the money he made after being outed as an abuser and selling the site. He took his own life.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dark-Star2018
Ordinery

Post by Dark-Star2018 »

What a fucking awful way to #endgame. 3 kids, a spouse, oh yea and your legacy is an abuser.

SomethingAwful was indeed a part of my youth, and it's sad to see that the man behind it was a monster. I will indeed be chipping in to help. I'm about to welcome my OWN daughter and this hits me right in the feels with a sledgehammer.

Thank you for posting. I don't think I'd have seen this otherwise as I haven't kept up with SA since i graduated high school.
Energizer - you are invincible
ZZT @narchists unite! Turn off the dark, get free money, defeat death itself!
wil
GABZABOOLZABBA

Post by wil »

I don't want to throw a wrench into anyone that is trying to help, but LadyA's claims the GFM is going "to the kids" would be easier to take at face value if she'd been in contact with the other ex to talk about how that will be distributed. (AFAIK that's not happened) As I've learned from a decades-long relationship with a disabled veteran who got clean a few years ago, tragedy doesn't stop a pill addict from being a pill addict. If his other ex posts a GFM I would 100% trust her to get that money to the kids. Not that it matters either way, it's a very sad situation.

Edit: well dang, with how the GFM is going she can go ham on the pills and still get all three girls through college. Goons amirite
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

wil I agree entirely, I didn't want to throw any shade in the OP, but for me at least, there's no small amount of guilt attached for enabling an abuser.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
wil
GABZABOOLZABBA

Post by wil »

Once the money started getting serious and LadyA's "just wire it all to me" plan sounded increasingly sketch, the friend hired a lawyer to set up a trust. Good on her.