Preserving Worlds

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Preserving Worlds

Post by Dr. Dos »

Means TV Original Series

Preserving Worlds is a documentary travelogue through aging but beloved virtual worlds.

Join us as we explore dated chat environments, appreciate player-created art, and meet people working against obsolescence to keep the communities they care about alive and accessible.

Virtual worlds are delicate things, and they can vanish with hardly a trace. Under Capitalism, preservation is often the last priority.

But even if you manage to archive the offline software, a dead world can only tell you so much. It’s just as important to document how people spent their time within it.

With this series, filmmakers Derek Murphy and Mitchell Zemil offer an entertaining glimpse into these worlds and created historical records of them that may someday be of use.

For more information on how to access and play each of these games for yourself, check out the Preserving Worlds website at: www.preservingworlds.net
This series recently launched and Episode 2 is all about ZZT with me as the interview subject!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhCYQI_ ... e=youtu.be

Other episodes include WorldsChat, Myst Online, Doom, NeoHabitat, and Second Life.

The main series is freely available on YouTube, as well as through MeansTV. MeansTV also has subscribe only bonus episodes in which the hosts spend some time exploring these spaces themselves, meaning there's another ZZT focused episode without any interviews that's an hour long.

I'm slowly going through the series in order, and it's really well-made all around.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
tapeworm
Help computer.

Re: Preserving Worlds

Post by tapeworm »

This was fun to watch.

Now they just need to create a spin-off series that's nothing but people unfamiliar with ZZT playing random ZZT worlds. :tie:
asie
1 full minit uv 1 secend mesiges

Re: Preserving Worlds

Post by asie »

I have seen a few outsiders out there playing ZZT on streams, thanks to our community's outreach efforts. But, overall, if ZZT's popularity increases - and things like these certainly contribute - I'm sure we'd see a lot more of that.