TSR-manipulated ZZT with extended support?

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

The Mysterious KM
newcomer

TSR-manipulated ZZT with extended support?

Post by The Mysterious KM »

The discussion about the Linux port of the reconstruction got me remembering a ZZT utility I used once. It was a terminate and stay resident program for DOS that extended ZZT's capabilities, and came with a subset of the Caverns of Zeux implemented using that functionality. It at least implemented scrolling; it might also have had music (MOD/GDM) support.

Do any of you remember what this utility was called? Is it still around somewhere? I've tried to search for it on the web, but haven't found anything.
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Re: TSR-manipulated ZZT with extended support?

Post by Aplsos »

r
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

It would be nice to have this running recorded in some way. What does it mean "implement scrolling"? Like between boards?
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
The Mysterious KM
newcomer

Post by The Mysterious KM »

It would be nice to have this running recorded in some way. What does it mean "implement scrolling"? Like between boards?
Here's the title screen intro, recorded in DOSBox. The add-on is much more glitchy than I remembered it to be; I can't get the game to play properly. Either the green bears become black, or some of the charset doesn't get set properly. That's why I don't have a video of the gameplay :-)

The intro does look like it's scrolling, but if I take a look at the game in KevEdit, there's only one board for the title screen. So it may just be a special effect: none of the boards I checked in gameplay were scrolling. Or perhaps Enhancer gets ZZT to read boards that are larger than 60x25, but then the object stats should be scrambled in KevEdit, which they aren't.

It does support palette and charset manipulation as well as custom counters ("Coins" in Caverns).
asie
1 full minit uv 1 secend mesiges

Post by asie »

I've made some recordings today:
These should be good enough.