Creating pushers

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Creating pushers

Post by Zephyr »

Is it possible to either #put a pusher that moves in a specified direction, or #change an object to a pusher that moves in a specified direction? I haven't had any luck so far.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Re: Creating pushers

Post by Commodore »

I haven't had success with trying to put pushers over stated objects. If you could somehow reproduce the bug where an object inherits another's stats, otherwise I'd say it can't be done.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Re: Creating pushers

Post by Dr. Dos »

Nope. However depending on what exactly you need the pusher to do, it may possible to do it with statted empties/fakes

This requires the path the pusher should take to be drawn out in reverse stat order:

http://i.pokyfriends.com/twit-pusher.mp4

I'm not... actually sure why the stat order matters? To my knowledge, when the pusher lands on top of the statted fake there should be two stats pointing to the same coordinates, one for the pusher's original direction, and one the fake had with the new direction. Either way, the fake stat should act next since if it's later than the pusher, it should get to act still in the same cycle, and if it's earlier, then it should act before the pusher's stat on the next cycle, but it seems to only work one way.

Which alas means that you can't have an infinite loop as eventually the pusher will be the earliest stat among itself and the fakes.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.