Is Frog Fractions 2 ZZT?

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Is Frog Fractions 2 ZZT?

Post by Dr. Dos »

Yes. (Just go get Glittermitten Grove)

I got to talk with developer Jim Crawford about it: https://pokyfriends.com/blog/36/an-inte ... -2-and-zzt
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Benco
newcomer

Re: Is Frog Fractions 2 ZZT?

Post by Benco »

I really love the improvements they made to ZZT. Having some boards reset when you leave and reenter solves the issue of save scumming in puzzle games. Having objects, like the sword, pass over puzzle elements is also an improvement I'd love to see in ZZT classic.

I'm impressed by the limits they added in that didn't originally exist. The maximum number of gems is something I'd totally expect ZZT to do, and it's a testament to how well they know ZZT that they could add in new limitations like that for the sole reason of building exploits around them.

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love for TXT WORLD to be released as a standalone game with an editor. It wont happen, but I want to believe.
darbyj
newcomer

Post by darbyj »

Benco wrote:I know it'll never happen, but I'd love for TXT WORLD to be released as a standalone game with an editor. It wont happen, but I want to believe.
The question is whether these are boards made in ZZT and then exported / capped to whatever Crawford's using to build FF2 or whether it is indeed a "new" version of ZZT created with code from WinZZT or DreamZZT. I don't know that I'm gonna drop twenty bucks for FF2, but I am curious as to how the controls feel. ZZT in native DOS is snappy and movement doesn't have any input lag. Typically when I run it on DOSBox it tends to feel sluggish.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

They feel purposely clunky unfortunately. It can also get really annoying when you get the sword since it collides with walls and can make navigating some boards more difficult.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

So the game is on sale at the moment at humble bundle in the adult swim package

https://www.humblebundle.com/adult-swim-games-bundle

just shell out $12 and I won't have to ask you to get the awesome rain world in the future.