Collecting the Works of Flimsy Parkins...

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Collecting the Works of Flimsy Parkins...

Post by Ando »

Hi guys,

As far as I know, not all of the games that Flimsy Parkins made are currently available on either Z2 or Museum of ZZT. Roughly a year ago, I had submitted the Blue Maze game that Flimsy had revealed during an interview with cly5m, which I felt was a start, but there were a lot of other games that he had made that I had only heard of, and yet was never able to play for myself. Supposedly, he was creating a game for several years called DINNER: The Last ZZT Game, which might have been a joke but I had seen screenshots of it, so as such I am wondering if anyone might have a copy of it. There were other titles as well, such as Garfield ZZT, that I think would make great additions to the archive, especially since his games were perhaps some of the most interesting that I have ever played. In any case, it would be sad if any of his games that remain unknown to the public vanished into the ether, and I want to see if we can prevent that from happening (to the best of our abilities, at least).

Sorry for the cumbersome writing; I barely speak to anyone online and I've grown a lot more awkward as the years pass.

Sincerely,

Ando
asie
1 full minit uv 1 secend mesiges

Re: Collecting the Works of Flimsy Parkins...

Post by asie »

Hello! Thanks for stopping by again.

If it's not on the Museum of ZZT, none of us probably have it - and believe me, there's been a resurgence of interest in the works of Flimsy Parkins in the last few years, with a few previously lost worlds of his being preserved. (Thanks for your contribution, by the way - it has not gone unnoticed on the Museum of ZZT's Discord.) While we're doing our hardest to archive every single ZZT world ever published, we can't unfortunately produce them out of thin air...
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Understandable. My intuition tells me that either lemmer or asgromo would be the ones who likely have copies of the missing games, assuming that they had ever existed in the first place; someone should probably ask those two as to whether or not they have anything like that. I don't know either one of them well enough to ask, so it probably would have been inappropriate for me to have done so. I really appreciate the fact that you guys enjoyed The Blue Maze; it means a lot to me.

Sincerely,

Ando
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Nice work Ando. You still have those screenshots? They would be interesting and maybe as close to preservation as we can get.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Hi Commodore,

Those screenshots were shown in the shared e-mails that Flimsy sent to his friends and family; they were once hosted on his site and I think pl0rg.org, but I'm pretty sure that his site doesn't exist anymore and I'm not sure if there are any archives. I'll try to see what I can find on my own, but I can't promise anything.

Sincerely,

Ando
asie
1 full minit uv 1 secend mesiges

Post by asie »

Ando wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:57 am Those screenshots were shown in the shared e-mails that Flimsy sent to his friends and family; they were once hosted on his site and I think pl0rg.org, but I'm pretty sure that his site doesn't exist anymore and I'm not sure if there are any archives.
You could try asking on the /r/myZZTery subreddit.
Dark-Star2018
Ordinery

Post by Dark-Star2018 »

Thankfully, it seems that someone bought and preserved pl0rg.org!

:keen:
Energizer - you are invincible
ZZT @narchists unite! Turn off the dark, get free money, defeat death itself!