The Imaginary Thread

Michael Gaddass wants to keep up with you on Twitter

Moderator: zamros

nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

except you archangel, you fucking suck. Haha anyway hey ando sup! man this is an unprecedented turn of events! wonderful!
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Quarbler wrote:Frankly, I'm amused how seriously you guys have suddenly become.

I'm not even doing anything, anyway.
:burstroc:
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

I can't help but wonder how this thread might have progressed had Aplsos not blown Ando's cover. Think of the possibilities!
Quarbler
newcomer

Post by Quarbler »

If this is the last thing I'll say, it is this: I don't hate any of you, there's no hard feelings, I was exaggerating somewhat about the whole "I DON'T NEED FRIENDS ON THE INTERNET" and about some others, and that actually should have been at least a little bit obvious.

I have more or less moved on. Again, I was just still sort of mad about what happened two years ago, which is understandable to some.

I am leaving, but it's leaving in the way where the credits are rolling, but the movie is still going and the people are still talking...the story goes on...

:hmmmm:
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

enough backpeddling, dry up and blow away
Schrödinger's Cat wrote:I can't help but wonder how this thread might have progressed had Aplsos not blown Ando's cover. Think of the possibilities!
not as funny, is how
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Quarbler
newcomer

Post by Quarbler »

Well that didn't end up being the last thing that I said. You guys brought this on yourselves.

It is TIME. FOR. THE BOMB:
...I decided that I'd had enough ZZT and video games and would instead do something sane like WATCH MOVIES and READ DICKENS. I deleted my C:\games folder and scrambled my z2 password, deleted bookmarks, etc...

...I feel bad for ducking out without a word, not only from little z2 but a bunch of other stuff I do -- but leaving without notice seems better than having them sing GINGER'S BALLS ARE IN A VICE for five years. I was never even a big figure in the community, but they're just so creepy and clingy!

I feel a little bad for Quantum, maintaining sites for people largely indifferent of him. It's reassuring that he makes backups of the archive.

Remember thematrixeatsyou? He made a game that showed some decent ZZT chops. But he was ostracised for having a dumb name and now he edits pages on Uncyclopedia, which is decidedly a step down from making awesome inventory puzzles that involve killing your brother. TMEY may have been a hapless twit but turning people out of a site with - what, fifteen people? - is just so annoying.

Haha, we had this new guy called Nupanick who was spunky and positive and dreamed of reviving ZZT; he posted videos of ESP on youtube and and advertised ZZT on blogs and everything. Nobody could deter him through yelling, so we all just kind of ignored him and he eventually faded away. Even if he comes back, his "missionary work" is about as effective as punching a brick wall, poor kid.
You know who that is? It's gingermuffins, the brilliant young lad who brought us Eli's House (which I hold to be the best ZZT game ever made). This is from an e-mail exchange that I had with him back in March of '08. You know what this indicates? That you fuckers scared him away.

It's something that I kept on trying to tell you guys back when I actually cared; that your retarded antics were repulsive to most respectable people and that it was killing the community. But no, you didn't listen to my words of wisdom, and then eventually you all just up and went scaring away the guy who was perhaps the greatest ZZTer of the 21st century.

So why don't you all just suck on that for a minute or two?

Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

oh boo hoo, we don't tolerate botflies for THE SAKE OF ZZT!!! go rub your stubble on a anime's dick.
r
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

Perhaps since the dawn of the ZZT Community we've maintained a solid facade of unfriendliness and insularity. We don't want to sit here and chat with optimistic or enthusiastic people. It's obnoxious and kind of futile to have to put up with someone who thinks that in 2009 ZZT will ever have a community following of more than 3 dozen people. All you usually get by showing ZZT around the internet is either, "Heh, man, I remember ZZT, I used to play that all the time back when I was 6. Megazeux is better, though." or "What?"

If someone can endure the sarcasm, insults and the near constant flow of in-jokes that they won't understand, then they will stay on their own volition unless they're the kind of person who's disgusted by that kind of internet behavior. If they're someone who can't put up with it and gets all huffy and upset, then that's why we do it. Freakouts on the z2 forums are what get people who haven't logged in in months to come back.

Also from the look of that e-mail, Gingermuffins wasn't scared away. It sounds like he was making a major change to a lot of aspects of his life and ZZT was one of them.
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

Your idea of a sense of humour is coming back to get us all back for making you feel bad, and then saying things like this:
Nadir, there isn't a single thing that you can say or do that will make me feel ashamed. Very little of that is recent enough to apply to me and I've already seen it all. Try harder.

Also the fact that you hate me so much (and I'm a person who you've never met in real life and almost certainly never will) is pretty much a compliment to me. If I found out that you liked me I'd be pretty fucking embarassed. I sincerely feel sorry for anybody or anything that you like.

The fact that you reported that passage verbatim indicates that you've storted that document somewhere as some lame form of blackmail, which in turn indicates how much of a pathetic loser you are in real life. I don't even fucking remember writing it, for one thing; that is how long it has been. Yet you seem to live in a magical little dream world where nothing changes. The fact is that you're the one who hasn't changed; just take a look at whatever you wrote back in 2003 and it sounds just like how you'd write something today. That's a pretty long time to not evolve.

Just kill yourself.
and then
Schrode, you never knew me well enough to begin with.

I want to go away, too. And I certainly will; don't make the mistake that I want to rejoin the community (or join any other community for that matter, they are a waste of time). But over the years since I moved on the fact that I left here in such a pathetic manner just bothered me. I left with a wimper, and now I'm going to leave with something more than that. That's really the only thing about it; I don't care about anything else here.

How else do you expect me to be when you practically called me a loser and a pederast? Even though I didn't take it that seriously, I'm not going to just say nothing in return.

The fact that you guys still talked about me well over a year after I left means that you were fucking stalking me, and I didn't appreciate that. I would have left you all alone if you guys weren't being such douchebags. But guess what? You all were! So here I am, making the most hilarious thread that z2 has seen for probably over a year.

Seriously, I don't care about what any of you think, or say or do. This is the internet, and I'll never truly know any of you, or you me. I don't need any fucking friends on the internet; I got real life for that. I get the impression that for most people here, your friends only exist electronically, and that all makes you pathetic pieces of shit in my eyes.

I've learned that noticing and remarking about the lameness of someone else does not make you immune to being lame yourself. SomethingAwful and 4chan does that all the time, and yet most of their userbases are full of fucking losers. If great sites such as those are at such a low level, what do you think that says about this place?

I do what I want.
immediately after
But I'll stop taking this thing so seriously; I didn't originally want to. I just needed to explain myself.
So far, the only parts of these that aren't 100% totally serious are the parts where you throw in jokes, or like the whole way you approached the original posts. But the point is that your attitude is still serious about this whole thing, that you really were that devastated by it and still are after however many years. But the real point is, who cares if you're serious or not, because you still essentially came back after 4 years or whatever to get us back for being so terrible to you, like calling you dumb when you did dumb things. Just, yeah, quit being stupid and go away is basically the message I am trying to send here.
fungahhh
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

Also I agree with Aplsos and zamros.
fungahhh
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

And no, I'm NOT just doing it to be cool! Although they are totally cool guys.
fungahhh
Quarbler
newcomer

Post by Quarbler »

[img]http://zzt.org/zu/w/images/c/c1/Fungahhh.jpg[/img] wrote:when i put my internet penis up some dude's ass i expect them to take it like a man, but i'm sure as hell going to whine, moan, bitch and pout when someone i don't like takes a proverbial shit on me and my pwecious online fwends ^_^
Quarbler
newcomer

Post by Quarbler »

Also zamros when gingermuffins uses the words "creepy and clingly" to describe the community he sure as hell isn't saying it fondly. That should be obvious from the other things that he's saying.

I don't care what the history of this community is; I'm still fucking right.
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

It's not our fault we have an excellent memory
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Quarbler wrote:
[img]http://zzt.org/zu/w/images/c/c1/Fungahhh.jpg[/img] wrote:when i put my internet penis up some dude's ass i expect them to take it like a man, but i'm sure as hell going to whine, moan, bitch and pout when someone i don't like takes a proverbial shit on me and my pwecious online fwends ^_^
GAY SEX (that's the joke)
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.