S TEA K
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Guess who made UltraTK? (hint: Nanobot)

From the readme in the .zip file:
Open the desired file in the ZZT editor. Put your cursor over the element with the color you want to use and press Enter. It won't show up immediately, but that element with that color is placed into the last pattern slot. Now load up your game in the editor. The element is still in your pattern buffer and it should show up now. Press "P" until the arrow goes over that element and place your cursor where you want to put it. Press the spacebar, and the element with the color you want will be placed onto the board.

. . .

For quick access to the Ultra Toolkit in your game, you can export a board and import it into your game. To do this, view the Ultra Toolkit board that you want to use in the ZZT editor. Press "T" and select "Export". Type a temporary name that you can remember for a minute. Press Enter, and then load up your game. Create a blank board or switch to a board that you don't want to use anymore. Press "T" and select "Import". Type the filename that you just exported the board as and press Enter. Your current board is now replaced with the Ultra Toolkit board you exported. Instead of having to switch back and forth between world files, you can now just switch between the boards and copy elements over using the same method as described above.
It's a magnificent toolkit in terms of scale, but if I need really obscure stuff like in-progress duplicators, I'll just use KevEdit.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Zenith Nadir wrote:S TEA K
I remember playing some old game called THE REVENGE OF ZEE ZEE TEE.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

This thread is epic. It almost feels like a shame that by the time I started making games and not just playing them that the external editors had become popular. (I'm a ZZTAE man, btw)
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

I used to be, but COPY/PASTE.

But because of ZZTAE I always hit / and < to lock the pattern buffer and shrink it by 1 to make it match ZZTAE's
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

While I'm thinking about it, ZZTAE plays music at a slower rate than ZZT itself does, making any music I try to compose in it hyperactive. Does KevEdit have the same problem? 'Cause having to constantly switch back and forth between an editor and the gameworld to test the music object would be an epic pain.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

this thread.

i should officially say it here, i finished that new z-files, v.2.51

http://zzt.org/upload//zfiles251.zip here is <;D
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast