1 full minit uv 1 secend mesiges

Re: Smash ZZT

Post by q2k2k »

I got rekt LOL
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Very nice demonstration! It clearly has more overhead than ZZT worlds, cause while those are playable on my netbook, this is not. especially the in-game room transitions.

However it runs at its intended speed on my nexus tablet that is using the puffin web browser to use flash. Unfortunatly the controls aren't really good for this, you can bring up a keyboard (not practical) or a game pad that you can map keys too. While the D-pad can is permanently mapped to the cursor keys, you can assign 4 buttons to WASD, but it is not really possible to press two at the same time. Anyway, the game is too fast-paced for touchscreen anyway.

Looks like a blast, when I can actually get to play it properly.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Appetite4
Official Clamp School Defender

We all need control

Post by Appetite4 »

I wonder if I should allow the mouse to control the firing destination? Like Nuclear Throne, or Code Name Gordon, or (if you really want to go back) the infamously punishing Crack Dot Com game, Abuse.

But I'm only guessing if that would help. Touch screens are "sort of" like mouse clicking and dragging. Multi-touch interfaces don't completely ape mouse controls. Even if the "click" action is registered, it would need to be sustained as rapid-fire for the interface to work properly.

If only there were a perfect way to bridge the core game/mobile game/web game divide...
Appetite4

NERF

Post by Appetite4 »

Since this game is handing people's asses to them, I decided to put a continue option into Smash ZZT.

http://www.chriskallen.com/zzt/ZZTUltra ... ASHZZT.WAD

So now it's more like the arcade, in that it's pay-to-win. Except, payment is given in the form of your score if you continue.

I suppose I could have done microtransactions and made you pay real money. But I'm not THAT much of an asshole.
ZZTBandit
Ordinery

IT'S NERF OR NOTHIN'

Post by ZZTBandit »

LOL, you can do it dood !
Appetite4

Oh dear...

Post by Appetite4 »

I might have only a few more days to live...or maybe hours...I'll make it quick.

Curiosity got the better of me. I absolutely had to check Epic's headquarters to see if Sweenoid Man was real.

But just as I had dismissed him as fake...this happened.
Sweenoid Man!
Sweenoid Man!
He's real! And dangerous! I barely escaped with my life.

For those who might get equally curious...my warning is: STAY AWAY FROM EPIC'S HQ. Your life may depend on it.

Anyway...he'll probably be hunting me down any second now.

Chris out.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Fortunately you can find a gun convienently next to 50 bullets in your dresser. You just woke up, time to save the world.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*