Archeologist simulator

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Commodore
fgsdfs

Re: Archeologist simulator

Post by Commodore »

Honestly I've gotten sucked into playing zzt games for inspiration. Looking at your list made me give darbytown another look. I'm jealous of some of the style of those boards. Yes a lot of them look like a mess, but so much can be jammed into a single board.

Since i've recently obtained an hand-me-down net book, I've been more productive with zzt, being able to use it on the bus when it's not crowded, but I've really only just been able to design the board you land on before the dungeon. (a plane becomes a helicopter, and the next scene is it hovering over the ocean)

Because I have seemed to have stretched myself, I think I will make Atlantis and call it that. I want to finish it, and the prospect of designing another dungeon (the moon base) after I do Atlantis is harrowing.

The rocket will probably become part of the ending(s).
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
bitbot
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by bitbot »

Netbooks are great aren't they?
Inspiration is important, from old ZZT games right up to the commercial stuff... You can find it anywhere.

This is a fun hobby, but don't get caught up with the finished product. A little programming here, some graphical revisions there. Before you know it, it takes shape all on its own. As long as you're having fun, that's all that matters. If its causing you distress, set it aside and revisit it.

I like what you got so far! The helicopter and moon ideas are great. I suggest you devote your energy to the ending, and work your way back... Good luck.
bitbot
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by bitbot »

I know music isn't necessarily your specialty but your title theme could also be a bit more allegro. I can tell you're getting the technique down though. What song did you use?

Will you have an updated beta available soon?
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

The next update will be the complete game... I hope...
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*