Stumpy's Speshul Day

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

What can be said now?

Stumpy's Speshul Day

Post by 518 »

I'd rather not release the name of my game right now, or any major details. Surprises, you must understand, are what I'm after.

Well, anyway I'd first of all like to give some kind of hearwarming thanks to madtom or whoever the hell made this forum based on an absentminded thought I had five minutes ago, but I'd probably just get banned.

One particular strain of my upcoming game is an engine that has beaten the ¥ out of my brain. Consisting of around 4 pages on paper and currently 5 text files scattered around, coordinating everything together has been hell. Yes, literally hell, with the brimstone and everything. But I'm making progress on it, and I may have it done soon.

It's a seemingly easy engine by what it actually does, but coordinating the four objects involved is ridiculously difficult, using command lines that are nearly impossible to keep up with, and must be compressed further to save space.

To put it bluntly, it is comparable with Greg Janson/ZZT encyclopedia's Composer's engine in terms of sheer size.

But I'm working on it, haha!

One more thing before I log out for a week, does anyone know the max object size for a board in zzt?
What can be said now?

Post by 570 »

You dont really want to go over 20 Kb. Sometimes going over 20Kb MAY work , like in Card Prime 2 but glitches WILL happen.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

yes, so long as you don't go over 20k, objects can have as much code as you want.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

Hence the reason I was using text files in the first place.
dhoom3
newcomer

Re: Stumpy's Speshul Day

Post by dhoom3 »

One more thing before I log out for a week, does anyone know the max object size for a board in zzt?
Join online 1z0-055 latest dumps and wikipedia to pass University of Washington exam in first try. Our best quality APPLE and selftestengine guide you well for real ISM
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Re: Stumpy's Speshul Day

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

Somebody's time machine was improperly calibrated!

As for your question, Mister Time Traveler, I don't think there's a per-board size limit on an object's code. The limit's per world, divided amongst each board in the world. So long as your object's code doesn't exceed 20k (32k if using ZZT 4.0) you should be fine. You just won't have much room for other any objects' code.

This article might also be of interest to you.