WoZ 2006 #3!

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

graa
MEMBER RANK

WoZ 2006 #3!

Post by graa »

I just remembered that I have to host the next Weekend of ZZT!

I'm going to be moving some time in the next couple of months, but I should be able to host it if it's done before mid-August.

Are there specific weekends that will NOT work for people who are likely to enter? Who wants to judge?

Also, on the unlikely chance that I'm unable to host it, let me know if desire for the hosting rights burns deeply within your soul.
Appliance
The toasterhead REBORN

Post by Appliance »

Uh, I think I'm gone some week in August, but don't worry about me.

If I am here, though, I suppose I'll try and do something.
Quindo
dark wraith for light

Post by Quindo »

I'd like to judge. But i am not sure if I could keep a time to judge. I am online off and on and it will get harder to make time for z2.
This is a easy game...

<a href="http://www.fallensword.com/?ref=394941">FallenSword RPG - Play online now free!</a>
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

as always i will sign up and end up dropping out.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

1. Where is graa nowadays? Has anyone seen him online or talked to him recently?

2. What should we do about the WoZ? On ZU, burstroc suggested that we ought to let someone else host the contest; should we put the hosting rights up for grabs, and how should the next host be chosen?
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I guess that I could host it again, since I don't have anything going on for a while. Also I don't make the same mistakes twice, in case if you're all doubting my capability.
Pancake
grand wizard cyclops

Post by Pancake »

i would like to see the next woz taking place somewhat soon (somewhere between the end of 2006 and the beginning of 2007 would be nice), however, at least try to contact graa before jumping to a new host.

if graa cannot be found, then go ahead and get some one else to host it.

edit- quantum p; maybe you could just look for volunteers who would be willing to host the event and choose the best candidate? or something like that?
VinceP
&lt;3s you

Post by VinceP »

late 2007/early 2007 is a bad time; theres exams n stuff
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

True. Depending on how many of us are in college it's probably a good idea to wait until midterm exams are over, and holding the WoZ sometime after Christmas. There's a weekend or two after that almost everybody will have off from school/college, and any time from then to late April would probably work too.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

after chistmas I'll actually not have to borrow a computer.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Am happy to host/judge if necessary
bustaballs
1 full minit uv 1 secend mesiges

Post by bustaballs »

I'll consider participating if it takes place during Christmas holidays. I'll be starting RSU early January and it'll be my first time in college so I'm not sure how busy I'll be. Either way, I'll brush up on my zzt-oop. It'll give me something small to work on while I take a break from my big rpg VB project.
Pancake
grand wizard cyclops

Post by Pancake »

on an unrelated note, i believe today is the date of the megazeux community's day of zeux :agh:

having the woz take place after christmas is fine with me. just as long as it's not put off too long. i'm very excited for this competition, in all honesty. :>

just to clarify... how long, in hours in the woz? i would assume 48, but i'm just making sure
bustaballs
1 full minit uv 1 secend mesiges

Post by bustaballs »

hyde` wrote:on an unrelated note, i believe today is the date of the megazeux community's day of zeux :agh:

having the woz take place after christmas is fine with me. just as long as it's not put off too long. i'm very excited for this competition, in all honesty. :>

just to clarify... how long, in hours in the woz? i would assume 48, but i'm just making sure
I remember it being 72 (Fri-Sun). I could be wrong though.
Pancake
grand wizard cyclops

Post by Pancake »

72 hours is more than enough!

i could probably create a decent zzt, graphics and all within that time. the main problem for me, personally, is that one of my computers, the one i'll be using during the later hours, does not have internet access, so i will be left without the ability to talk to other competitors at that time. it's not a major problem, though.

another question... are you allowed to partner up for this, or is it all solo?

i should probably just check out the zultimate article, though :/

edit: i'd most likely have to start late or something because of school, not matter when it starts. :(