Cave Story coming to WiiWare

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Zandor 12
What has science done???

Cave Story coming to WiiWare

Post by Zandor 12 »

Old news, I know. But what isn't old news is that it FINALLY has a firm release date of March 22nd.

Press Release

It appears that several things that were originally going to be DLC have been integrated into the main game. When was this game originally going to be released? April or May 2009 before the delays started? Oh well, the end's in sight. Between this and Mega Man 10, this is looking like a heckuva month for downloadable games.
tapeworm
Help computer.

Post by tapeworm »

Nice to finally get a release date. Here is a recent interview with Pixel about it:

http://tigsource.com/articles/2010/02/2 ... march-22nd
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

It sort of sounds like he's going through the motions. It's been six years since that game came out. To him it feels like old news.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Looks like March 22nd will be the next time I use my wii.

Gonna give Pixel all my money.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I'll encourage all my friend with wii's to get it, sort of like how I told everyone with an iphone to buy sword of fargoal.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i would be really, really, really sick of the whole thing by now if i were pixel, this was delayed by what, two years? it's cool that it's finally coming out though, i hope the new stuff in the game is awesome
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

I bought this game soon after it came out, and found out that it was a bit of a mess with glitched music, a Balrog that says "Oh yeah!" instead of "Huzzah!", and an Outer Wall that randomly crashes whenever you use a door (among other lesser issues).

Luckily, Nicalis semi-recently released what I'm pretty sure is the first ever patch for a Wiiware game. The remixed music has its drumbeats, the map now renders properly and has a transparent background (instead of black), the triangles that give weapon exp no longer make a deafening roar, Outer Wall no longer crashes, and the new translation ...is still the new translation, but whatever - reports indicate that everything glitchy is resolved. If you hadn't bought the game yet, it's worth the money now.
tapeworm
Help computer.

Re: Cave Story coming to WiiWare

Post by tapeworm »

The Wiiware La-Mulana is now out, too. I've never tried the original, but I like the remake so far. (I've beaten one boss.)
Commodore
fgsdfs

Re: Cave Story coming to WiiWare

Post by Commodore »

They must have made it a bit easier. Maybe not though. Some of the puzzles are very obscure. I had fun playing and beating the original, but could not have done it without youtube.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*