The World Ends With You

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Farm
my power level is enormous

Post by Farm »

Aplsos wrote: i know you're trying to look SO JADED AND COOL ON THE INTERNET by hating something without actually playing it, farm, but you aren't fooling anyone. just give it up.
that must be it man GOFD DAMNNITIT you found me out
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

looking at screens i have to agree with farm. i've seen too many mouth covering scarves and big hats on girls in anime to be impressed with them anymore. Although the animation seems like it's pretty tight.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
lemmer1800000000000000000
fggggggetytg385

Post by lemmer1800000000000000000 »

farm is essentially retarded

i thought this game looked like farm based on the previews, but i've seen nothing but unanimous praise for it since its release. i guess i'm pretty much on the verge of trying it out

but, Autos
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

funnily enough, my natural tendency to avoid that kind of anime/rpg artistic styling means that when it's presented in a way that actually seems interesting to me, it doesn't bother me so much, since i never built up a cynical immunisation to the surface sheen, just the crappy genre tropes
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
fggggggetytg385

Zenith Nadir wrote:funnily enough, my natural tendency to avoid that kind of anime/rpg artistic styling means that when it's presented in a way that actually seems interesting to me, it doesn't bother me so much, since i never built up a cynical immunisation to the surface sheen, just the crappy genre tropes
probably because that Makes Sense! seriously, who even cares about the general attitude + art design so long as the gameplay mechanics are sound

(which apparently they are)
Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Post by Scribbit »

My standards for an RPG are that A. the battles aren't so tedious that you run away from weak creatures because you got tired of mashing the attack button, and B. the plot doesn't require you to do something stupid to advance (notably the removal of a powerful and well protected artifact which is stolen seconds after it leaves the sanctum).

I put up with some railroad games if they fufill the requirement for interesting story or battles, which is probably what led me through the amazing mechanics and you-can't-go-there-until-you-get-that story of Mario and Luigi Partners in Time. Yeah, there were some unaddressed time paradoxes but the story was funny and the battle mechanics are actually rather mario-like: stomping on enemies, hitting them with hammers, or throwing stuff at them.
I'm nupanick.
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

I don't like random encounters.

Seriously, Tales of Phantasia. What the fuck?
Last edited by Schroedingers Cat on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fggggggetytg385

Nupanick wrote:blah blah dumb shit
Whatever, nerd! I already said I'll try it!

Wait, you're not aplsos, you're that one idiot

i seriously didn't realize this until i hit Quote
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

oof.
r
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i looked at video. certainly not my bag. too button mashy. and yeah the characters look really stupid.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
EvilMario
newcomer

Post by EvilMario »

Someone here (not me) is obsessed with this game. I might have to try it eventually, but she won't let go of it.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Schrödinger's Cat wrote:I don't like random encounters,

Seriously, Tales of Phantasia. What the fuck?
you gotta use holy bottles, all the time
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Farm

Post by Farm »

by the way I finally played through persona 3 and it isn't as terrible as I expected it to be past the 10 hour mark, but Persona 2 was still WAYYYYY better.
Farm

Post by Farm »

daDAdaDAAAAAA!! junpei has leveled up!!!
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i'm okay with the random battles in tales of phantasia since i did actually enjoy the fight interface, and you can turn the battles off if you want to (well, in the snes version anyway, i don't know about the gba version since it looked horrible)

anyway i was thinking about picking up persona 3 as i bought a ps2 recently, i'll def. go for the special edition if i do

let's turn this thread into a "recommend ps2 games to nadir" thread, shall we? so far, i have the following games (in order of purchase)

god of war
god of war 2
gta: san andreas
shadow of the colossus
rez
silent hill 2
r-type final

they are all totally ballin'. also contemplating ico since shadow of the colossus is totally awesome (5 colossi down so far, i need to get under the temple now i think? buh) although not as free-roaming as i'd hoped.

my main requirement for a game is for it to be good, i'm pretty open minded regarding genres (i do not like rts games or mmorpgs, that's about my only limitation and i do not think ps2 has many of either)

i mainly look forward to aplsos' response, seeing as his gamecube post was so helpful last year
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast