Kuru Kuru Kururin

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Commodore
fgsdfs

Kuru Kuru Kururin

Post by Commodore »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK1jHoHN ... re=related

i just found this game, it rules. i've only really just begun to look at gbs games in depth. i played metriod fusion and zero mission, and some others like warioware on my brothers gba, but now I've started emulating. a lot of them are crappy ports of snes and arcade games. anyone with any pointers would be helpful.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

that game rules, i played it years ago

sure is hard though, i always feel bad when i've got one health left and the bottom-left display is kururin going "oooohhhhhh nnnnooooooo :("

one thing i get a disproportionate amount of pleasure from is going into one of the safe zones and ramming the walls repeatedly

pointers for gba games: there's an astro boy game called "omega factor" which is totally hardcore, and worth playing (and it was developed by treasure so you know it's got to be worth a shot)

the gba castlevania games are all worth a shot, but aria of sorrow is far and away the best one

there's two kirby games, "nightmare in dreamland" which is a 32-bit remake of the nes title, and another, new one called "kirby and the amazing mirror" which is free-roaming, like the metroid and castlevania games (always a good thing)

mario and luigi: superstar saga is a must if you like paper mario

mr. driller 2 is a great tetris-style arcade game...

megaman zero is good, but really goddamn hard (i dare you to complete it without save states)

gradius galaxies is also incredibly difficult, but not cheaply so, definitely worth playing if you enjoy dying

that's about it? oh, i forgot "klonoa: empire of dreams", a platform/puzzle game

and legend of zelda: the minish cap is probably good but i haven't played that

(edit: i played this game again due to this thread, and i'd forgotten how great the music is)
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

I second the Megaman Zero series, and add that Megaman ZX and Megaman ZX Advent, despite the name change, are basically MMZ 5 & 6, with the main difference being Metroid/Castlevania-styled world maps. Also, the difficulty did start out super-high on MMZ 1 and 2, but the game gradually became easier as the series went on. If you don't care about plot, you could skip the first couple of games and probably have a better time for it. I started on 2 myself, not going back for 1 until some time later.

If you haven't played Warioware: Twisted, it's my favorite of the series. Also, Mario Kart: Super Circuit isn't quite as good as Mario Kart DS but I still really like the track design and music, it feels like a Mario Kart 2 would've felt like back in the day, only with nicer graphics.

If you like Strategy RPGS, the Advance Wars and Fire Emblem series are both pretty great although the higher difficulty levels of Fire Emblem can get pretty frustrating since you have to restart a level to get back units you lose in battle (Artificial difficulty woo!). Leveling up your units is pretty satisfying/addictive however, and the general feel of Advance Wars: THE MEDIEVAL RPG EDITION is pretty nice overall.

I'd go on but most of my games are actually DS and Zenith's covered most of the good stuff already.
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

copying a comment i made in kjorteo's livejournal a while ago:

GURU LOGI CHAMP

It's a puzzle game that was never released outside of Japan, but there isn't much of a language barrier.

Also recommended:
Advance Wars 1 and 2
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (the first is decent, but optional)
Car Battler Joe
Drill Dozer
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Megaman Zero 1-4
Ninja Five-0
River City Ransom EX (A tweaked port of RCR. My only complaint is that they changed my favorite move, Acro Circus, from a goofy gimmick attack to an unstoppable death roll)
Rhythm Tengoku
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis (I prefer this to FFTA)

There's also Shantae, which is technically a Game Boy Color game, but the graphics are on par with early GBA games.
r
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

Wario Land 4 is pretty good despite being one of the earliest titles.

I was impressed by the fact that there is no real dialogue in WL4, yet lots of things are still conveyed. In a lot of GBA games, because of the increased memory, people talk way too much.
Last edited by gingermuffins on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i forgot wario land 4... yeah, that game is better than a lot of people give it credit for being
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Microwave
hi

Post by Microwave »

Damn this Kuru game is addicting. Currently on level 19.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Doesn't it have an assist trophy in the new Smash Bros?