<3 Virtual Console

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

EvilMario
newcomer

Post by EvilMario »

Commodore wrote:it's not for the VC, and it's coming out on Xbox and PS3 as well, but I am super psyched for Megaman 9
Agreed. Capcom is going out of their way with the 'box art' released and the old 8-bit era glitches as OPTIONS. Really fantastic stuff.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

it funny they went with the "box art" as a spoof of "awful" the US covers of the game when the Japan original box art has pretty spot on as to what megaman looks like since the beginning. Lots of fan service for sure, but really I can't complain. Especially if "fan service" means making it super hard.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

Commodore wrote:Especially if "fan service" means making it super hard.
:freud:
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

well played
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
EvilMario
newcomer

Post by EvilMario »

Well, boys. It's Super Mario RPG day (Clu Clu Land is pretty decent as well). Most people either love, or hate Super Mario RPG waaaay too much. It does hold many fond memories for myself, as one of the last great Super Nintendo games.

People are too fixated on it being a 'babies rpg', or about how it doesn't have a Mario feel.. ala, Paper Mario. Psht. It's a great, easy going title that's a joy to playthrough, and with tons of secrets.

Onto 'Pocky & Rocky' and 'Mario and Wario' now.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

clu clu land is the shit. two player, I found that game when I started getting into picking up all the NES arcade ports.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Post by Scribbit »

I found Clu Clu land once when nintendo was still doing the E-Reader remakes. Dang thing doesn't work in any system but the original GBA, because the cartridge is shaped funny to accommodate the card scanner. My old GBA has long since died, and Nintendo has stopped making attempts at backwards compatibility in favor of re-releasing old games on the Virtual Console.

The old GBC games don't work on the DS, dang it, and I don't spend that much money on video game systems, so I'll probably just keep playing Pokemon Crystal on the SP.
I'm nupanick.
craycpanda
god not again i hate you

Post by craycpanda »

I bought Dragon's Curse, which is pretty much just Wonderboy 3: The Dragon's Trap over again, but for the TurboGrafx16 with some cooler graphics and music.

Great game though. Great game.
gay for gay users
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i miss the monster world series and nobody ever seems to recall them like most other classic series

the 2.5 genesis games were really great, but i'll always have a place in my heart for the first "wonder boy in monster world" where he was a kid in a diaper or loincloth or something
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

the first wonderboy is awesome (the C64 port where I first played it is pretty accurate). the series was continued in that vein (on the NES) as adventure island by hudson soft. those are pretty fun too. a year ago I bought a japanese remake of adventure island 1 for PS that was a lot of fun. had to put a new top on the PS and get a boot disk to play it.

On VC I've been playing Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa where you're a baby that uses a rattle to inflate monsters and ride them around. It's a pretty tough game once you get to the third world, and a bunch of fun. infinite continues helps of course, but continuing takes you back to the beginning of the world, not the level you were on. Oh well.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Anybody who didn't try Megaman 9 is a foolish fool; that game is love. Hell, I even bought the downloadable content for it - Hero mode was a waste of time (not much harder than regular mode), but Superhero mode is pretty evil so far.

I bought Zelda II on a whim, and that game's pretty fun - the sidescrolling fighting and dungeons were a nice change of pace after playing Zelda I.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

zelda 2 is vastly underrated, and it's challenging hell too. it was a pretty ballsy move to make it a platformer, but I had no idea what octoroks were supposed to be before that game (never had the manuals, oh well)
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

The hopping bird warrior shield bastards in the final temple can just go to hell. I had more trouble with them than any of the bosses, and they're just about the only enemy fast and agile enough to chase you if you try to run away. It was still fun going through that goliath of a maze though, and the other more manageable dungeons were good times too.

WiiWare is close enough to Virtual Console, so on the off chance that anybody hasn't heard of it there's a Wii version of Cave Story coming out. There's downloadable content, too - based on absolutely nothing I'm going to guess that it's some extra speed-run stages. Here's hoping that whatever new stuff that they add is as cool as the core game.
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

Jumping knight dudes are deceptively easy. All you gotta do is up-stab them as they jump over you. I'd say that the blue ironknuckles are harder.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

yeah, very fast and they shoot beams. most definitely. i think the gauntlet they make you go through to even get to the final temple is harder than the final temple itself, not counting the fact its a difficult maze.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*