Knytt

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

monster world 4 is incredible, true, but it's more level-based than the other games so i question grouping it with exploration games

i keep wanting to call it wonder boy, but asha is not a boy, she is a girl

also eternal daughter is stylish graphically but has terrible midi music, an awful difficulty curve and wretched dialogue and really is not great overall
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

now playing through that list, Ufouria is really cool

man i want to make a metroidvania now
Microwave
hi

Post by Microwave »

Who DOESN'T want to make a metroidvania now? I guess if you wanted to you could check out Game Maker or Multimedia Fusion 2, that's what's generally used. However, they're not free.

And yeah, I downloaded Kaipuu, but haven't played it yet. The screenshots looked like Knytt to me, graphically anyway.

There's a new game coming out soon called Aquaria.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i desire a castlevania that is level based. The newer gba games are pretty lame overall. They'll be hard pressed to make one as good as 1 & 3, and perhaps the music will never be as good again.

Speaking of games that will never happen it'd also be cool if they made a Link's Adventure 2. That could be pretty awesome.

In general I don't like the (not so recent) trend of adding RPG elements to everything whether it's necessary or not.

also: wonderboy/adventure island rules
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Microwave
hi

Post by Microwave »

I really like Symphony of the Night, but Castlevania in general is pretty cool as well. I went through a Castlevania phase not too long ago. To complete the cycle Nintendo will now have to create a Metroid game that is like Castlevania 1/3.
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

In general I don't like the (not so recent) trend of adding RPG elements to everything whether it's necessary or not.
I agree. (Incidentally, I thought of a better midsection for sugartits: a collage of training sequences and one-board quests handed out by the tribe king. That would probably shrink the game down enough so that it would fit into one file. I will do this.......someday............)

also here is a mockup for a game I'll make if I can dish out the money for GameMaker

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

say what you like, but castlevania: aria of sorrow rules and if you disagree you are wrong

it wouldn't be the same without the anime shoujo bishies, though

also gin that is a good screenshot but the house kind of looks like it has a mohawk
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
phunk
captain champion

Post by phunk »

gingermuffins, if u need a crack pm me..................................
we're not bad people, we're not dirty, we're not mean, we love everybody, but we do as we please