New Pocky and Rocky in Development

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Killer7 is perhaps one of the strangest, most original games ever made. There is an intriging plotline, but it's pretty complicated to explain and even by playing the game you can't really understand what it is for sure. Gameplay-wise, it uses cell-shaded graphics and is pretty much a shooter on rails (meaning that you don't have much freedom to explore the environs). Quite a good game, I have no reason to lie.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

killer seven is a weird game. it's graphics are pretty neat and the gameplay is fairly orginal, but the plot makes very little sense. you basically run around some environments on a set track (but there are spots that you can pick a new path, like running down different hallways or entering doors) then you shoot these weird creatures (you stop then control the aim) which explode then you collect their blood (experience). You switch characters to solve different puzzles and cause they have different weapons then spend your blood to impove them (accuracy, damage, max health, bonus skills)

The enemy design is pretty crazy and the atmosphere is good. It's worth checking out that's for sure.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

resident evil 4:
the best b-movie action game ever made. (i can't really call it a horror game, it's not very scary.) you don't need to have played any of the previous resident evil games to enjoy it. pick up the gamecube version now, or wait and get the wii port, which has some extra crap from the ps2 version.

eternal darkness:
"There are worlds beyond this one, worlds as we've never seen... nor can
we... Our eyes do not open far enough. Try it... try holding your eyes
open. You can try holding them open as much as you want, but you'll
never see... never ever see... The world beyond the veil- the Veil of
Reality! It's there to protect us, from them: the Ancients! The
Darkness... that... which... we... CANNOT... understand. Nor should
we! Welcome the oblivion of ignorance!! For to have knowledge is to be
DAMNED!"

killer7:
r
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

okay, i think you've sold me on killer7, on the strength of that screenshot alone... (._.,)

i think the smart thing to do with re4 is wait for the wii port. there's no rush...

eternal darkness was down on my want list from the beginning, fear not
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

The wii port has been out. I've been thinking about getting it but I already have too many wii games to beat.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiki_Kai_World

So it looks like the game came out in the US, under the publisher UFO with a title change to "Heavenly Guardian". Did anybody with a PS2 or Wii play this? I'm curious how it turned out, but can't find out first-hand since I'm stuck with just the Gamecube and DS.
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

Why don't they just stick it in a damn box with streetfighter characters and name it "Ghost Busters" under the publisher EA BIG, and expect somebody to know what the HELL IT IS!!
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i guess they don't have much faith in the selling power of the original name... which is fair enough, i guess

"heavenly guardian" just makes me think of that one nes game where you're a flying dude, and you have to shoot things
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

The developer lost the Pocky and Rocky license, actually; guess it had something to do with when Square Enix bought out Taito.