Cave Story

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

how do you beat the lunch box when he turns into a big frog? do you shoot his mouth or something?
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

shoot it when it's open and he's throwing those red blobs at you. you have to jump and mash the shoot button a lot.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

thanks hon.

could you list which characters can be saved and how? please!
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

k ^______________^

dr. booster and curly can both be saved; king and toroko cannot. which makes me sad because king is awesome.

to save them both;

1. in the labyrinth, when you see booster fall into the pit, DO NOT talk to him, he will give you the booster 0.8 and then die. instead, jump over the pit; it's a long shot without the booster, but take a running jump at the red dot on the ground on the ledge preceding the drop.

2. when you get to the core, open the bulkheads as normal, but when you get to the central atrium DO NOT talk to curly, as this will trigger the boss. instead, go down to the bottom right; there will be a sparkle in the water. inspect it and you will find the tow rope. be quick, as you'll drown if you spend too long in the water. after fighting the boss (still triggered by talking to curly), you will be able to take curly with you instead of having to leave her for dead.

3. in the labyrinth waterway, you will find a shack. stop there and lay curly on the bed, then look at the computer screen, then the book shelf; you will find instructions on how to unflood her. do so, talk to her, then leave the shack and reenter. you should be able to take her with you again. if you don't unflood her she will die before you exit the labyrinth. after fighting the giant fish (whose name escapes me now, ironhead or something) she will drift away; don't worry, you'll meet again.

4. you'll arrive back at the mimiga village reservoir. go back to arthur's house, dr. booster will still be alive. he will give you the booster 2.0. if you still have the polar star gun, you will now be able to jet back up to the first cave; if you find the hermit you originally stole the gun from, he will fix it up for you into the spur, the best weapon in the game.

5. continue the game as normal until you get to the plantation. there is a lake there; on the right of it there is a hole, go down it and you will find a cthulhu who is looking after an amnesiac curly. he will tell you about a mushroom that will restore her memory. go back to the mimiga graveyard, and you will come to a door you could not previously access without the booster. go inside, and you will meet a blue mushroom, ma pignon. talk to him, and he will give you the mushroom badge; inspect it, and you will realise it is worthless. talk to him again and he will admit that he is the mushroom you want, but you will have to fight him to get him. do so, and take him back to curly. her memory will be restored, and you will now be able to access the bloody sacred grounds (oft referred to as 'hell' in #rawr).

6. to get to the sacred grounds, you must brave the HIDDEN FINAL CAVE, which will now be in place of the normal final cave before the balcony and throne room where you battle misery and the doctor. it is very hard. battle the doctor as normal, then after he is defeated and the island is collapsing, follow sue until you come back to the shack where the final save point was; go inside.

ok that's all
Last edited by Zenith Nadir on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Curly - When Prof. Booster falls from the labyrinth after Monster X DON'T TALK TO HIM. Instead keep going, when you get to the core's large room don't talk to Curly, instead go to the lower right and get the Rope where it's all sparkly. Then talk to Curly. Once you beat the boss and "drown" use the rope on Curly. When you go through the waterway go in the cabin. Sleep in the bed, look at the computer, look at the notebook, pump the water out of curly and then take her with you. After the fish boss is beaten she'll float away.

You'll meet her at the Plantation where she'll have no memory, after talking to her talk to Chtulu. Go to the graveyard and into the door on top, you'll get a mushroom badge. Look at it to find out it's useless. Then talk to the mushroom and kill him. Talk to Curly. You'll next see her IN HELL where you use the rope on her.

Prof. Booster - DON'T TALK TO HIM when he falls into the labyrinth.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

see this is what happens when i don't read a post properly the first time through. =(

Furry Jesus Freak
What can be said now?

Post by Furry Jesus Freak »

Zenith Nadir wrote:as a failure, ando's a complete success
Sorry, but this was too perfect. :jump:
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

no flaming allowed

superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

and no posts about religion (not that there is anything wrong with religion, but it's useless to post about it). When I say "no flaming", I'm not saying there can't be any healthy discussion, criticism or disagreements, but I don't want to see people calling one another names and the like. I want to keep these boards a clean, non-corrupted happy place, where you can talk about ZZT and MegaZeux (of course, there is an Off Topic board as well ^_^).
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

a note about the hidden final cave - don't worry about leveling your weapons back up while you're in there, as there's a hidden cache of free weapon exp, missiles, and health way above the entrance to the throne room
r
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

This game is keen. I beat it during the ZZTpocalypse but didn't know about saving Curly and Prof. Booster so I guess I haven't truly beaten it yet. One time, while on the Outer Wall section or whatever the area right before the Plantation's called, I was flying around with the machine gun and for some reason the game killed me when I flew too far to the right. Other than that bit of randomness, everything I've seen has been pure class.
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Zandor 12 wrote:ZZTpocalypse
:agh:

What can be said now?

Post by 925 »

Apologies for my one post noobness. Saw this thread while googling for more info on Cave Story.

Zenith Nadir: You seem to know a lot about the game so help me if you can.

The info I'm talking about can be found at 2:02 of the following video. This is a 2:30-something quick run through Hell (full of spoilers so don't watch if you like surprises).

1) Curly's lipstick (top row, 2nd from right) - Where can I find it?
2) Curly's panties (2nd row, 2nd from left) - Again, where can I find it?
3) Badge (3rd row, far left) - I think you might get this if you beat the Fish Boss fast enough. Can anyone confirm?
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

HellJester wrote:2) Curly's panties
:agh:

I might have to start playing this game again.
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

1) Curly's lipstick (top row, 2nd from right) - Where can I find it?
2) Curly's panties (2nd row, 2nd from left) - Again, where can I find it?
3) Badge (3rd row, far left) - I think you might get this if you beat the Fish Boss fast enough. Can anyone confirm?

1. Chaco's lipstick. Before you can get jellyfish juice (I believe) sleep in chaco's bed and look around.

2. Look on the map in the house in the Sand Zone and you'll see an obvious passage.

3. You seem to get medals and things for beating bosses quickly. I don't know
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.