ATTN NADIR Megathread

You're a bunch of Philistines really, aren't you?

Moderator: superbowl shuffle

Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Making this the official contact Nadir megathread.

Rotor Planned as Gay Character, Says Ken Penders

Tristan Oliver | November 10, 2009

RotorAn Arc was Planned in the Comics

Though current Archie Sonic comic writer Ian Flynn has seemingly quashed the notion in his ongoing interpretation of the Archie comics storyline, earlier writers–notably Ken Penders–had tinkered with introducing an existing Sonic character as a homosexual.

That’s the word on his message board, where he’s disclosed that Rotor Walrus’s sexuality was to be setup and explored around the years 2003 to 2005. Penders notes he had dropped hints in earlier issues, with a big reveal planned for the Mobius: 25 Years Later arc:

I thought it was fairly obvious Rotor was gay, and begun laying the groundwork for that storyline during the MOBIUS: 25 YEARS LATER segments. I even showed his life partner without saying as such and planted clues between the lines.

It would have been a decision more than ten years in the making. But the gross underdevelopment of Rotor as a base character is blamed for the idea never overtly coming to fruition.

But what if it did? There could have been social implications in the era, especially as gay marriage and equal rights started to spark an ongoing American debate. Indeed, international headlines were made when Dumbledore of the Harry Potter franchise was outed by author J.K. Rowling. Could Rotor, his life partner (pointed out to be Cobar, later in the thread) and in effect the Sonic franchise have been used to rally support? For fans, discussion of what could have been may best serve as a canon debate, especially among fandom more closely focused with the comics and with the SatAM television franchise–where it was a non-issue.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

lmao
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

there's not really much else i can say to that. a gay cartoon walrus. XD
John Taylor on November 10th, 2009 3.33 pm

ITS A COMIC BOOK SERIES ABOUT A BLUE HEDGEHOG FIGHTING AGAINST AN EVIL EGG SHAPED HUMAN.

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

dear dr. dos

a few months ago you were making a fuss about how samurai jack was pretty good. i just want to let you know that i saw it on tv for the first time the other day and you were right. while the narrative is simple it is the work of a team who know exactly what they are doing and are not afraid to experiment with form.

yours, nadir

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I look at this thread again and for a second thought it said "roton planned as gay character"
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*