VNV Nation

You're a bunch of Philistines really, aren't you?

Moderator: superbowl shuffle

tapeworm
Help computer.

VNV Nation

Post by tapeworm »

Judging from the lyrics I've seen posted around here a few times, I think someone in these forums is a VNV Nation fan.

Tickets are now available for their May/June tour in the US. (If you're in Europe you may be too late--they are halfway done with that part.)

Sorry if those who might care already know, but I thought it worth mentioning. Also, the new album comes out in just a few days.

:icannotcontrol:
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

I've learned via a reliable source that tapeworm is either Maynard James Keenan or Trent Reznor.

Discuss.
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

never heard, but you're boy and his blob avatar is excellent.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
zamros
my power level is enormous

Re: VNV Nation

Post by zamros »

tapeworm wrote: Tickets are now available for their May/June tour in the US. (you now in europe almost know of your stupid americain laws exists haha)
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

omfg d00dz maynard found jesus!!!

http://www.toolband.com/

4 real!! chex it out

(march 31)
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

MaðTom wrote:omfg d00dz maynard found jesus!!!

http://www.toolband.com/

4 real!! chex it out

(march 31)
OMG THAT MUST BE REAL
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

The best thing about that is I first learned it from a customer. An overweight, unwashed-hair-in-a-ponytail XXL-sized TOOL shirt customer with patchy facial hair and oversized earrings.

HIM: "Man, it was posted on March 31st, it's gotta be true."
ME: "Uh-huh. Ever hear about Tool's 'lachrymology' prank?"
HIM: " ... uh?"
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

MaðTom wrote:The best thing about that is I first learned it from a customer. An overweight, unwashed-hair-in-a-ponytail XXL-sized TOOL shirt customer with patchy facial hair and oversized earrings.

HIM: "Man, it was posted on March 31st, it's gotta be true."
ME: "Uh-huh. Ever hear about Tool's 'lachrymology' prank?"
HIM: " ... uh?"
do tell us of this lachrymology prank
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

I did not know that a new album was coming out soon so to this I say :keen:
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

FSFunky wrote:
MaðTom wrote:ME: "Uh-huh. Ever hear about Tool's 'lachrymology' prank?"
do tell us of this lachrymology prank
everything2 wrote:Around this time the members of Tool became infamous for something other than their music: Their behavoir in interviews. In 1993 and 1994, the band made enough references to lachrymology (which, literally, would be the study of tears), a supposed philosophy and religion whose followers sought to advance themselves through physically and emotional pain. The band built up the idea that lachrymology and Ronald P. Vincent's "obscure" 1949 book, The Joyful Guide to Lachrymology, had a great influence on their music. People began to realize the band was bullshitting them when information on lachrymology couldn't be found anywhere and the Library of Congress didn't even have The Joyful Guide to Lachrymology on record.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Fungahhh wrote:I did not know that a new album was coming out soon so to this I say :keen:
Yeah, it's taken long enough. If Lateralus was anything to go by, I say it's worth the wait!

In my opinion Maynard's been spending too much time on A Perfect Circle ... Thirteenth Step was all right, but I still say eMOTIVe really had only one good track on it. And Trent Reznor co-wrote it.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

for some reason i feel compelled to bump this thread by saying i bought this cd while the forums were down

it is good, not as good as empires but better than futureperfect! i especially like "homeward" and "arena".

regards to tool i hope the new album is decent, i'm slightly gitchy about it since eMOTIVe (lol bush sux am i rite guyz) and i'll be sad if it's anything less than top notch cool

i used to be a tool fanboy but i kind of cooled on them in the last couple of years, mainly because tool fans are hilariously stupid pseudo-intellectuals

still like them, mind
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
tapeworm
Help computer.

Post by tapeworm »

I wanted to post here again saying that the live VNV Nation show was very good, but I was scared because I got in trouble last time I posted in an old thread.

I like the new album. Empires is still my favorite for sure, but I don't mind their change in style at all. When they performed Arena, Ronan H. said something like, "Don't look so shocked. So it's not trance or EBM." He also sat right in front of me during an opening band. I don't know that anyone else recognized him, and I didn't bug him.

Oh, and :icannotcontrol: .