the day has finally arrived! (i have a new game out!)

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

voighdt
newcomer

the day has finally arrived! (i have a new game out!)

Post by voighdt »

after 8 years of kinda having a life and doing things other than messing around with zzt, i have decided to release ONE LAST game. because if anyone's going to save this dying community i guess it'll have to be me, i spose.

anyway, it's just been uploaded to that page: http://zzt.org/uploaded/ and is called RUFFIAN FLU ZZT.
and if this does end up being the last zzt game ever, i guess just thank god it wasn't 'centipeia' by t-bone. that shit was weak, son. weak as hellll.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

centipediea was pretty weak, but ravenfall was all right. certainly showed effort.

i will try this game when I am more awake tomorrow.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

this is an artifact! it belongs in a museum
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

It was a little short, but I found the cinematics to be exciting. I give it a 4/5
voighdt
newcomer

Post by voighdt »

so whaddaya say? think i got a shot at GOTM or what?!
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

More like "Game of the Year" if we continue cranking games out at this alarming pace.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

centipeia was better than this, if for anything at least for the title screen. at least yours was a joke to begin with though.

my game is going to win game of the year.

(the challenge or the next one I'm working on)
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
voighdt
newcomer

Post by voighdt »

well, to be honest, the title screen for centipeia is not even that good, nor is the game itself. i found it not that enjoyable at all. plus im kinda salty with t-bone for ripping off my idea of making a game based off the atari centipede for zzt. i mean, great, maybe his follows the whole format of the game better, but i did centipede zzt like 10 years ago and it was hella more clever than that. and RUFFIAN FLU ZZT is not a joke game. it's a very serious matter. like the swine flu is happening now and it's the zzt equilalent of that. there are no swines in zzt, yet there are ruffians. so it's totally possible. mine is a short game and to the point. yet centipeia is longer and really has no point nor is entertaining at the very least.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

swine flu isn't half as bad as it has been blown up to be.

also I had noticed that you made a centipede game. if it's even slightly better than centipeia there's no excuse for this.

and don't try and say a one board game with a bunch of ruffians in a wad and no real point is not a joke game. especially if it's supposed to be topical.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

I'd like to direct everyone's attention to Chowder, which is a great game in its own right, and that other one, Raven-something, is pretty good, too.
voighdt
newcomer

Post by voighdt »

in response to the last two posts, true swine flu isn't half as bad as what it's been blown up to be. but the ruffian flu could be even worse. in fact, i advise everyone not to put ruffians in their games at all. this could be a serious matter. this is not a joke.

yes, correct, i did make a centipede game. but well, the thing is i came out with 'centipede zzt' ORIGINALLY in 1998/99. and remade it in 2000. the one on z2 is the one from 2000. but really, though, i was the first one to have the really stupid idea to make a game based around centipedes. so centipeia and i spose coolzx's infestation (if anyone remembers that) can pretty much suck it. i did it better. and at least mine was kind of actually clever. yes it does start off badly, but it does get more interesting/challenging.

and yeah, zamros, i guess it isn't fair to just draw all the attention to centipeia as the last shitty game made. i mean yeah i guess i'll have to check out chowder and raven something just yknow to get a better impression of the recent 'era' if you can even call it that of zzt or whatever.

oh, and the challenge is kind of lame actually. like, wow, just shoot a bunch of things really and get points. that's really innovative.you need a whole lot less ruffians though. apparentally you show total disregard for the ruffian flu outbreak. but it's fine, i guess you didn't know about i until i spread the good word.
ghettoflower
viovis

Post by ghettoflower »

There is no joke about Ruffian Flu. Ruffian Flu is some real expletive d00d.. if you wanna talk about jokes you should.. oh nevermind. Let's just say it's like Orson Welles vs frozen peas. You're the frozen peas and voighdt is like Orson Welles... and we all know Orson Welles always wins.
▒░Vivois▒▓█
-i like elk
voighdt
newcomer

Post by voighdt »

alrite, so let's be fair here. i looked over some of the other games that have come out as of late. and well, my game ruffian flu zzt is better than centipeia but NOT AS GOOD as chowder OR ravenfall. i played a bit of each but not all the way thru, but i think i kinda like chowder the most. like i don't really know what's going on in chowder, but its good for that reason. i hit some object and it said "i like fuzzy rivery rizzy fruit" and it played this crazy song. that shit was tight! however, chowder and ravenfall and centipeia and ruffian flu zzt ARE ALL better than challenge.
suck it, commodore!
BLAUX!
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i haven't played any of these games but i do not like t-bone and i like voighdt so voighdt's thing is better by default
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
voighdt
newcomer

Post by voighdt »

t-bone i dont really know, but i was just merely pointing out that the whole centipede thing has been played out and i might have been one of the originators of that but i'm not sure. commodore on the other hand, needs to lay off a bit on that hater-ade. HATER.