Who's up for another 24hozzt?

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

pacific standard
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

utc-8 represent
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

I'll join.

Edit: Oh, this weekend. I can't do this weekend. This weekend is not good for me.
fungahhh
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

fungahhh's having a baby

....And I don't really have internet access, or I'd take a stab at it.
Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Post by Scribbit »

So, the time's approaching! I think I may have internet access this weekend. What time are we starting?
I'm nupanick.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

19:00 GMT (noon EST), but I'm open to an adjustments by an hour or two if someone can come up with a reason for it.

Also, single topic okay (vanilla 24HoZZT)?
Pancake
grand wizard cyclops

Post by Pancake »

19:00 GMT is fine for me (that would be 4:00 PM for me, I think), and a single topic should be fine, unless other participants want more. I'll probably do most of my game on my second computer, which is old and doesn't have internet access but hopefully I will be able to get on when it's time to submit my entry. If not, then I guess I'll just upload my finished game through the upload script.

Is there going to be a webpage with signups and details like there was for the one in 2006?

Oh, and what day are we starting on?

It turns out I'll be busy this weekend (have to go to the doctor and see family) but will definitely try to find time, and will make a ZZT game even if it doesn't make it in time for the contest!
Scribbit

Post by Scribbit »

Are external editors allowed?
I'm nupanick.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

4:00 PM? Aren't you in EST (Pennsylvania)? It goes from 12:00 noon, Saturday, EST, to the same time on Sunday. These times will be based on daylight saving time/summer time.

Times for different time zones

Non-time-related stuff: You may use any tools you want. Scoring will be based on the quality of the game, not on the tools used to make it.

If you will be unable to submit an entry but still want to participate, I wouldn't mind a couple of judges beside myself. Just let me know if you want to judge.

I'm not planning anything fancy -- just an announcement on the fora, and whatever IRC chat room is popular these days (is it still #idiots-club on slashnet?).
Last edited by Quantum P. on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scribbit

Post by Scribbit »

I've got some school project I have to finish, so I'm not sure if I can submit a game, but I'll try to show up for the judging. When will it start, and how long will it go? (the judging, I mean).
I'm nupanick.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

How about a week from the contest ending?

Also, if you don't know if you'll be able to turn in an entry, go ahead and try, and if it doesn't work out, I'll accept late applications for judges.
Pancake
grand wizard cyclops

Post by Pancake »

Quantum P. wrote:4:00 PM? Aren't you in EST (Pennsylvania)? It goes from 12:00 noon, Saturday, EST, to the same time on Sunday. These times will be based on daylight saving time/summer time.

Times for different time zones
Yeah, that'd be right. Thanks.

I'm definitely not going to be able to submit a game because it turns out I'll be very busy, but I can judge if there aren't more judges than entries.
Scribbit

Post by Scribbit »

So, it turns out I'm not <i>quite</i> as busy as I thought, I may submit a game after all. I'll give it a shot, at any rate, since I tried this hard to get one started, and Quantum P is being awesome so far.
I'm nupanick.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I just realized that I messed things up bad.

Noon EDT is 16:00 GMT. It is not 19:00 GMT (which is noon PDT). Also, I had previously said EST and PST instead of EDT and PDT (which are the daylight saving time versions).

So, just to clarify, I will be starting the contest on Saturday at 09:00 PDT. This, assuming I haven't made any further mistakes, is:
16:00 GMT
12:00 EDT
18:00 CEST

I feel bad about screwing this up, especially so close to the start of the contest. Sorry about any confusion -- I hope this doesn't throw a wrench into anyone's plans to participate.
asiekierka
YAHOO: ALL YOUR GEOCITIES ARE BELONG TO US

Post by asiekierka »

I'm not going to patripicate anyway. I have too much ZZT projects on my own to even think about joining any contests...
...except between December 26th-January 1st. During that time i'll join any ZZT/MZX contest. It'll be awesome to see, uh

26th-27th: The ZZT 24hoZZT
29th-30th: The MZX DoZ

:D
That'll be awesome.