Let Him Know Here His Balls Are Friends

..................WTF?! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS "XRUMER"?!

Moderator: Quantum P.

Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

I came up with a terrible game idea today as I was strolling down Geary Street on zero sleep. I call it “Pappa’s Infinity Cafe.” It’s a Massively Multiplayer Online game where everyone controls a balding, middle-aged Greek man sitting at a small table in a cafe. Not the same person, though: this cafe stretches out infinitely, and it’s filled with clones of the same man… balding heads sitting at small tables to the horizon in every direction. Each clone is controlled by either a player or a computer AI. When you sign up for the game, you’re placed somewhere in the cafe, in a random Greek man’s body. The game is first person perspective.

Now, the only things you can do in the game are 1. use the A and S keys to make your Greek man blink his left and right eyes respectively, and 2. use the left and right arrow keys to swivel your head around along the Y axis. You can turn your head 360 degrees around, Exorcist style.

And that’s it! You just look around and blink your eyes at all the other Greek men in the cafe. My theory is that based on these simple rules, the human players will start to figure out which of the other men around them are human pretty quickly, by coming up with simple codes using head swivelling and blinking. Of course, the AI should start to pick up some tricks as time goes on, so if any sort of long-term sustainable human contact is to be maintained, new codes will have to be come up with.

The graphics don’t have to be that great, but the Greek man model should be fairly well-rendered (I mean, come on, it’s like the only thing in the game!). For sound, some soft, lilting music should be heard coming from some unspecific location, to add to the strange atmosphere. I thought it’d be cool if occasionally a cup could be heard clattering to the floor somewhere off in the distance. At that time, all the computer players should turn their heads toward the sound briefly.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Schrödinger's Cat wrote:I came up with a terrible game idea today as I was strolling down Geary Street on zero sleep. I call it “Pappa’s Infinity Cafe.” It’s a Massively Multiplayer Online game where everyone controls a balding, middle-aged Greek man sitting at a small table in a cafe. Not the same person, though: this cafe stretches out infinitely, and it’s filled with clones of the same man… balding heads sitting at small tables to the horizon in every direction. Each clone is controlled by either a player or a computer AI. When you sign up for the game, you’re placed somewhere in the cafe, in a random Greek man’s body. The game is first person perspective.

Now, the only things you can do in the game are 1. use the A and S keys to make your Greek man blink his left and right eyes respectively, and 2. use the left and right arrow keys to swivel your head around along the Y axis. You can turn your head 360 degrees around, Exorcist style.

And that’s it! You just look around and blink your eyes at all the other Greek men in the cafe. My theory is that based on these simple rules, the human players will start to figure out which of the other men around them are human pretty quickly, by coming up with simple codes using head swivelling and blinking. Of course, the AI should start to pick up some tricks as time goes on, so if any sort of long-term sustainable human contact is to be maintained, new codes will have to be come up with.

The graphics don’t have to be that great, but the Greek man model should be fairly well-rendered (I mean, come on, it’s like the only thing in the game!). For sound, some soft, lilting music should be heard coming from some unspecific location, to add to the strange atmosphere. I thought it’d be cool if occasionally a cup could be heard clattering to the floor somewhere off in the distance. At that time, all the computer players should turn their heads toward the sound briefly.
that is awesome

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/acetone/w ... _08_10.gif
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Farm
my power level is enormous

Post by Farm »

Schrödinger's Cat wrote:I came up with a terrible game idea today as I was strolling down Geary Street on zero sleep. I call it “Pappa’s Infinity Cafe.” It’s a Massively Multiplayer Online game where everyone controls a balding, middle-aged Greek man sitting at a small table in a cafe. Not the same person, though: this cafe stretches out infinitely, and it’s filled with clones of the same man… balding heads sitting at small tables to the horizon in every direction. Each clone is controlled by either a player or a computer AI. When you sign up for the game, you’re placed somewhere in the cafe, in a random Greek man’s body. The game is first person perspective.

i would play this, i would play this SO hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lylC3wD2gmc
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i want a single player campaign
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

S'been done before
fungahhh
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Haha I went on some pub after getting the critzkrieg and said "hey I have the critzkrieg so you won't be invincible" and the demo was like "what's it do?" so I told him, and everyone on the team seriously went "ohhhhhhhhhh" like they were some tribesmen and I was the first white man they'd ever seen
Visit the Museum of ZZT

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

My attachment to early video games reminds me of people who think
that old superhero comics or silent movies are the greatest shit
in the world. People who didn't grow up with that stuff know that
superhero comics were always shit, and were poorly written and drawn
from the get-go, with virtually no exceptions. And silent movies are 99%
unwatchable. But people who grew up with that shit can't get enough of
it, and they really seem to get something out of it.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Post by Scribbit »

#if any invisible

y'know, I have a weird attachment to old games, but I think it's because some of them actually are better. I'll admit, most of the new games are better, but there's so many old games I haven't beat yet that I usually don't feel compelled to get new games. Example: I never beat Donkey Kong 64, but always got distracted after a couple attempts to make progress.
I'm nupanick.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

*JACKS OFF RAPIDLY*

Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

Ω
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

A Perfect Circle - The Noose

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

I would please refrain that
fungahhh
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

(4:57:12 AM) Spencer: When I first started being a furry I didn't know people like had characters and stuff.
(4:57:25 AM) Spencer: I thought it was more or less just everyone watched Looney Tunes fuck the Road Rovers.
Visit the Museum of ZZT