Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Quindo
dark wraith for light

newbie.zip

Post by Quindo »

Who reuploaded it? I didnt.
This is a easy game...

<a href="http://www.fallensword.com/?ref=394941">FallenSword RPG - Play online now free!</a>
Quindo
dark wraith for light

Post by Quindo »

The resoun i included keve edit is because what if z2 or keve edit's site change addresses? Also is that the only prob with my upload?
This is a easy game...

<a href="http://www.fallensword.com/?ref=394941">FallenSword RPG - Play online now free!</a>
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Z2 did change addresses less than a year ago

Believe it or not all the files are still here!
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

If someone was able to download Newbie.zip from z2, that would mean that he could get to z2. Therefore, he would be able to get KevEdit. That's my reasoning, anyway.

I can understand how you feel. You don't want to mention a super most excellent editor called KevEdit, only to have the user not be able to get it. What I would recommend over including KevEdit, though, is linking to both the KevEdit page and z2, and maybe something like Kevin Vance's website. That way, if one site went down, the user could simply check another. Also, Kevin Vance may be adding some stuff to KevEdit in the near future, so if you include KevEdit in the zip file, the zip file could easily become outdated.

As for the rest of the stuff in the zip file... there isn't much there that you yourself created, aside from a tutorial on transcribing music and a game of yours. If you want to make a newbie tutorial, here are my suggestions:

1. Leave out anything that doesn't directly have to do with making ZZT games. Don't include one of your games unless you are going to point out different techniques you used in the game that might be helpful for a newbie to know.
2. Add more content of your own. Instead of including ZZT Syndromes, make your own introduction to good ZZTing! Set some kind of goal - make a ZZT Syndromes clone with 20 boards, each board with a different lesson on something you think is important in making good ZZT games. Avoid bundling other people's content; instead, try to make something better than what already exists.
3. Take your time. You don't have to be in a hurry to submit. Ask for feedback before you upload. Make a few more games of your own; more experience won't hurt.

You're a promising ZZTer. Stay positive, and good games 'n' stuff will come from you.
Mister Lad
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by Mister Lad »

Kiev
Mister Lad!!!!
<i>Who weares short shorts?
MISTER LAD THATS WHO!</i>
Quindo
dark wraith for light

Post by Quindo »

I got a new version and i was wondering where i should upload it for you all to check it out before i load it onto z2. Any suggestions?
This is a easy game...

MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Quantum is amazing

Quindo: Lurk more! Take your time to look at a lot of the other games on the archive, and start with Featured Games, Games of the Month, and MadTom's Picks.

Do what they do, and learn independently. You're eager, though, and that's good.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i like how quindo has been around for like, six months, and madtom just said that to him

maybe it's just me but i thought it was kind of funny
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

shit really :o

well, he was asking for advice

sorry quindo!