KKairos's Journal Thing

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

KKairos
newcomer

KKairos's Journal Thing

Post by KKairos »

...For Pete's sake. I got pulled back in. How does this sort of thing happen? I'm making DGN Again. And that's not a typo, that's the NAME.

Also, note that I'm planning on doing more than just classic. That forest area will mix crap up a bit, as will some of the other zones. Also, there will be a story if I can pull something good enough out. Not sure yet if I can. Don't expect anything epic, though.

Lastly I know that the Classic Zone is beign called the Classic Stage on the stage board. I can't figure out if it made sense to me somehow when I first did it, or if it was an oversight. I'm betting on #1, but I'm probably going to change it up anyway.

some other time this month I'll probably also be releasing a thing with failed randomnity engines, some other unfinished games that few if anybody knows about, and one full game that not many have seen before, if anyone currently active.
"Dear Sir, in response to your article, 'What's wrong with the world'--I am." - G.K. Chesterton
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

looks really good. I'm not sure how your menu works but the only suggestion i'd make may be to lock access to certain areas until you beat something else, perhaps at least lock the boss area before allowing the player to continues to another area.

but of course it's your decision and it'll probably be one of the better zzt games in years no matter what.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
KKairos
newcomer

Hmm

Post by KKairos »

Well, the PLAN is that things go sequentially. So you actually automatically beat Classic 1, 2 and 3 before going to Classic Boss, which is beaten before you get to go to Forest 1, and so on. The menu basically works by checking to see if a level's been beaten, then moving the smiley down. All of the "threes" of levels (such as Classic 1, 2 and 3) work on one board, then the boss is on one board, and then the bonus, if applicable, is on another. When necessary, that part at the bottom changes the passage accessible to the player.
"Dear Sir, in response to your article, 'What's wrong with the world'--I am." - G.K. Chesterton
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

It looks cool. The graphics could be a little more flashy, but other than that it looks just fine.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Ando play DGN now and kiss boys.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
KKairos
newcomer

Stuff

Post by KKairos »

I totally worked on DGN Again today...well, yesterday now. But the project's far from dead!

I'll post a screen of the sideview board whenever I get that going. Also, the 'race' is the generic ZZT kind--not like the old Lamegame stuff but like the dodging kind. Yeah I know, that sucks. But I do still plan on the sideview board.
KKairos
newcomer

DGN Again sideview screen

Post by KKairos »

Here's what it looks like right now. I need to reverse a couple of things to make it look better. In the sideview gems/score are going to be obtained by killing enemies and whatnot.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

That's a pretty cool direction to take the idea. It actually looks good too.

Though pink may not be the perfect colour scheme.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
KKairos
newcomer

Post by KKairos »

Yeah. I'm not sure how I feel about using the purple/blue scheme for the sideview portion of the game.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Lines are very hard to get right and they usually behave so badly I just use objects instead

Truthfully, I'd suggest having empty black space instead of those