Mall Madness Delux 3.0

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Cheesecake Avenger
The Evil Avitor

Mall Madness Delux 3.0

Post by Cheesecake Avenger »

Hello! Cheese here! And I got a new game to show you. It's called Mall Madness. You dont really do mutch but go around to stoors and see the funny pranks and messages I have programed every thing to do. I must warn you that almost every thing you touch does something. Try all combinations when asked a question, and all that crap, and try not to get killed while doing it! One wrong mistake and your dead. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

LINK:
http://rapidshare.de/files/9140267/MALL.ZZT.html

Um... tell me how you like it, and in the first sean, dont worry. it isn't like that througout the whole game! Have a nice day!

UPDATE!!!
Right here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/9254613/MALL.ZZT.html

-Cheesecake[/url]
Last edited by Cheesecake Avenger on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Only played the first two or so boards. There are a lot of programming bugs, but somebody else can point them to you.

Overall it's better than what I expected, but it needs a lot more work.
Cheesecake Avenger
The Evil Avitor

Ok. I know there are alot of bugs, I'll work hard to get rid of them, try finsihing the game. It's kinda funny... maby. Its my first demo, so better will be on it's way if I dont give up. Thaks
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i'd cut down on the instant deaths
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Cheesecake Avenger
The Evil Avitor

Got killed too mutch have we? Anyway, I'll cut down on them. But how do you actually like the game?
Cheesecake Avenger
The Evil Avitor

*BUMP*

Oh, and while your at it, give me some good ideas for the game. Like new bords, (you could make a bord, export it and give it to me) You could suggest a new stoor to put in to fill those empty spaces, you might give me some code, and to top it all off, I have spaces in it that will allow for
AD's. That's right. Just tell me your ad, and I'll through it in for no extra
cost.
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

you're
board
store
ads
throw
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

The instant kills you should eliminate are those ones where all you do is touch an object and you die. The ones where you make a wrong decision in a menu are ok. I'd suggest linking the boards together instead of using passages. It's a lot cleaner, and doesn't make the silly passage noise. It's weird on the first mall board when you go to the left you enter the next board from the right.

The police are sort of dumb, they just shoot a bunch, then after you dodge them they just sit there and say "hi". I'd give the player some ammo somehow (Mall weapon store) Then add some odd monsters like a pram or a mall santa.

Too many things "explode" upon touching them. It got a little predictible to touch something and expect it to explode.

I'd add some mall people, although I'm sure you're working on it.

Also there seems to be no goal for the game. Wandering a mall is a little boring when there's just mall stuff to do. This is a ZZT game! Not real life. I can go to a real mall to be bored.

Anyways, good luck with the game.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Cheesecake Avenger
The Evil Avitor

Well, I spruced things up JUST A BIT. not too mutch, I made sudden deaths only acessable by silecting the wrong item in a menue. I added
multiple AD slots, so if you want your ad in it, just tell me, I got some more characters, so mall people yet, still uses the messed up transporters, fixed some bugs, thigs still blow up, added a... well... you will see... (tee-hee) I added a ammo stoor... its fun to kill the guy who works there. Um. anyway, here's the not-so-updated update!

DOWNLOAD:
http://rapidshare.de/files/9254613/MALL.ZZT.html

Enjoy I guess
wil
GABZABOOLZABBA

Post by wil »

C_A, I gotta say your game reminds me of oen of my first games. Someone told me to eliminate all instant kills from my game - I didn't listen to them. Actually, they were quite right - what you must remember as the game designer is that you want your audience to finish the game - you're not there to lay the smack down on the poor smiley - you're there to give the player a challenge, but one that he can lift himself out of despite the choices he makes (unless he does something really stupid - but that should take much, much more than simply selecting the wrong option in a conversation window). The original Banana Quest was chock-full of instant kills: at the request of every beta tester involved, and against what I thought was my better judgement, I removed all of them - at least, the ones that i remembered were there (sorry to anyone who took a dive into the open sea in level 4). Instantly the game became far more playable and accessible. It brought my vision to my audience - and in the end it was sucessful.

Don't get caught making the same mistakes I did. Death is a painful thing for a ZZT player - reserve it for when the player clearly has a death wish. I don't yet have any other specific comments concerning the gameplay already finished - this is just a general design tip. The game itself is your domain.

Edit:
In addition, I have just expressed an opinion that differs from that of Commodore. We have now expressed two points of view. I just thought I would point that out, since it is very rare that two people say two completely honest and different opinions about ZZT games.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

needs more cowbell
Cheesecake Avenger
The Evil Avitor

Wha'ts cowbell?
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

Cheesecake Avenger
The Evil Avitor

I'm not going to put a cow bell in my game.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Good idea.