The ZZTers guide to ROMANCE

Michael Gaddass wants to keep up with you on Twitter

Moderator: zamros

zamros
my power level is enormous

The ZZTers guide to ROMANCE

Post by zamros »

So, you're a ZZTer.

And let's face it, fellas, ZZTers aren't really the most eligible bachelors in the dating pool. Unless, like, you're herc or something. Herc is sexy as hell.

:ler: Zaphod :drussrox: :prezbw:

Need I say more?

So, as the ZZT Community's official casanova, I have decided to write this guide to help you, the reader, score chicks.

Yes, dear virgin, you too can score chicks.

So lets get to it immediately.

CHAPTER ONE: ZZT

This is perhaps the most important point in getting women attracted to you. DO NOT TELL YOUR ROMANTIC INTEREST ABOUT ZZT. It doesn't matter if she's a nerd chick, it doesn't matter if she's in to DOS games, it doesn't even matter if she's ACTIVELY EXPRESSING INTEREST IN DOS GCSES FROM 1991 CREATED BY EPIC MEGAGAMES, do NOT reveal the existence of ZZT. Just don't do it. Let us look at a simulated situation in which this can blow up in your face.

Let's say Billy has a girl over his house, and they're at the computer, because they both happen to like computers.

Girl: Ooh, what's this folder, ZZT?
Billy: Oh, that's ZZT, an old program that lets you make your own games! I've made several games, myself. See, check this out, the little smiley goes around, talking to people. Anyone can make games in ZZT! It's easy!
Girl: Oh, uh, cool?
Billy: Yeah, it's got a good community following, too!
Girl: Yeah... I see...
Billy: Wanna make out?
Girl: I'm leaving. You're boring.

What should Billy have done?

Girl: Ooh, what's this folder, ZZT?
Billy: I keep system files in there. It's nothing
Girl: Oh. Okay. Wanna make out?
Billy: :keen:

So, you see, ZZT is to girls as acids are to bases. They just don't mix. Unless she's Kracken, in which case she's just an anomaly, which probably isn't very likely.

CHAPTER TWO: Your standards and you

You really like this one girl. You like her a lot! In fact, you like her so much that all you can do all day is stare at her and think about how great it would be to be with her. She's smart, funny, attractive, and is interesting to talk to. If you could just touch her hand for half a second, you would be happy for the rest of your life.

The problem? She won't acknowledge your existence, or, even worse, she considers you a "good friend."

So, what's a ZZTer to do?

LOWER YOUR DAMN STANDARDS. You're no prize yourself, jerk. You still play games from over ten years ago, and you're probably a fucking furry. So take your boner away from little Ms. Perfect Chick 2000 for a second and notice Homely Holly, who's been following your trail like a bloodhound on meth for three months now. Truth is that there's probably some girl who's been eyeing you for a while who would like nothing better than to reach in to your pants and infinitely please any appendage she might find down there. The chick who keeps looking at you weird? The girl who won't stop bothering you on AIM? The girl who just keeps fucking FOLLOWING you or wants you to HANG OUT with her or something weird like that? THAT MEANS SHE LIKES YOU FUCKNUTS. So what if she's a couple pounds overweight, or if she has hairy arms, or if she looks like she's cracked out all the time? It's like getting a job, you can't get the good jobs until you have experience. So get out there, sow your seeds, all that crap.

CHAPTER THREE: Dollin' yourself up.

So, the only interesting thing about you happens to be the fact that you once stayed up for 72 hours straight and spent 71 of them on the computer. Well, then, the solution? GET MORE INTERESTING. A new hobby, habit, or strange bodily injury will probably get you noticed by something, be it a dream girl or another belt notch. For instance, let's take another look at Billy.

Billy is pretty unremarkable, but one day he decided that he should start doing hardcore drugs. One day at an acid party, he ran in to a girl who loved acid just as much as he did. They had sex while tripping and were later married and in love months later.

Drugs not your thing? No problem! Your new interesting aspect doesn't have to be something like that, just think of what your target demographic of girls likes, obtain a genuine passion in it, and reap the benefits! Unless it's computers. Give up hope of a girl who likes computers right now. They don't really exist, only on TV.

CHAPTER FOUR: Internet Romances

Don't do it. Seriously. It seems like a great idea: "Hey! I like the internet! So does she! We live 3000 miles away from each other, but hey, it'll work! We'll meet and get married and have kids and oh man I love her so much we're gonna go have cybersex now lol."

I've been separated from my girlfriend for 3 months, now, because we happen to live 250 miles away from each other. We mostly talk on the internet. This is a good thing. However, if you MEET her on the internet and talk to her SOLELY ON the internet, it's NOT a good thing. It's a weird thing. You can be anything on the internet. Just through the power of the internet, this could easily, and probably more likely, be this, this, or maybe even this (although most of you would probably like that last one you fucks).

Kracken and Nadir
|3itch and Draco
Cait and Togepy

What's similar between all these relationships? They all started ONLINE and they all ended HORRIBLY.

Just say "no" to internet relationships, friends. It ends in heartbreak and shit.

Anyway, I don't really feel like writing any more. If any of you fellow ZZT mack daddies feel like amending this beautiful guide, post it here! Success stories are welcome, also!
Last edited by zamros on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

You get a pulitzer

:safe:
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

This is great. I remember Stiltzkin and I started writing something similar a couple of years back, but it never got past two articles.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

latest trick for getting the ladies: hospital bracelet
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Wonderful, zamros! But what if you're a guy who likes to dress up in drag?
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Re: The ZZTers guide to ROMANCE

Post by Quantum P. »

Thanks Zamros! The community is now a better place. :keen:
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

zamros you will always have my heart :elephant:
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

MaðTom wrote:This is great. I remember Stiltzkin and I started writing something similar a couple of years back, but it never got past two articles.
I am keen for MadTom to tell us the many, many stories of the vast, vast amount of ladies he has seduced!
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

<:(
craycpanda
god not again i hate you

Post by craycpanda »

This thread is rated: PA - for PURE AWESOME

YOU ARE CORRECT ZAM. Chicks dig stuff that are not computers. Seriously. I'm kinda into music (lol) and "da gurlz" are totally into that shit! Just because it's not computers. Also, internet relationships suck. HORRIBLY. I know it, because I was too a fag once. (Lots of offense to those previously mentioned)

And me and this girl (who I met the first time through music!) are pretty much "going steady" as it would be called back in the days. I guess she's not really my girlfriend yet, but we do like eachother a lot. And she asked me to go to their summerplace (it's like a cabin at some lake i think) with two of her friends and I will surely go there! I owe it all to you zam! You helped me when I didn't know what she meant by all these subliminal messages she kept sending! YoU rOcK! :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie:

:keen: :keen: :keen: :safe: :safe: :safe:
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

hey it didn't end that horribly, at least it wasn't hilarious and soul-destroying like cait and togepy's breakup

i wouldn't do it again though, what's the point
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Micah
Ordinery

Post by Micah »

If you guys DO manage to hook up with a gal, heres what you do:

1. If she is a virgin, make sure she knows that you ARE NOT. If you ARE a virgin, then you have to LIE. Doesn't matter what the truth is, if she hasn't done it, then you must have done it before. SHE WILL LOOK UP TO YOU. YOU CONTROL THE ACTION NOW BIATCH.

2. If she is NOT a virgin, this makes things easier on you. Make sure she knows that you ARE a virgin, and you are looking to lose it. Nymphos will eat that up, and do anything they can to steal your "virginity". Plus, if it really is your first time, they will understand if you seem to have no idea what you are doing.

Also, don't try acting nerdy around girls purposefully, hoping they will think you spilling mustard all over your shirt is cute. DEEP DOWN INSIDE EVERY FEMALE IS A HEARTLESS BITCH, AND THEY ARE LAUGHING AT YOUR STUPIDITY. HARD.
hay sxy ladie!
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

women are the enemy beyond biological imperative and must be closely observed apparently

anyway i move that someone who is still kind of active on dmzx posts this on there, only replacing "zzt" with "mzx" and those emoticons with that picture of wildweasel, and see what happens

regards to the "women + computers = not interested" thing, it's probably worth noting that that basically extends to anyone of either gender who isn't dorkface mcnerd; normal regular people who actually like go outside and shit regard computers as a means to an end for word processing and websites, while, say, the average linux user regards them as an end in itself. this is why normal people don't partake in arguments as to whether the xbox 360 will/will not be better than the ps3 and will just buy whichever one they know more about because it just doesn't matter, ever

also i seriously want to post the caitlog in this thread but madtom would probably smash my guts
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
dave2
bada da da DUN DUN DUN

Post by dave2 »

I think more people need to add to this! I don't think people understand what kind of monolithic tome this could become if we all added our thoughts! I'll add mine right now.

I don't understand the big deal about dating, mainly because I've never been on a date! I'm not as pathetic as you think I am, though, I'm probably just a little above that. While I think zamros rings true on many of his points, he seems to insinuate that zzters are all the biggest nerds on the face of the planet who would rather spend a night installing linux or whatever rather than spend it trying to pick up chicks! I think he may have had zzters and mzxers confused.
I myself couldn't give much advice on the topic, I suppose, I'll leave that to maestros like zamros and moonpie and phunk. However, I have one story to recount to all you hopefuls out there looking for love! One time, in about 8 or 9th grade, I was at a party watching a LIVE BAND play (this was a pretty off-the-chain party).
So I was sitting there, and this group of girls walks into the house. Now, one of these girls was a girl that I had a pretty big crush on at the time!! This story is getting pretty hot, isn't it? Well just you wait! What happened next is just about unbelievable! She walked over and sat on my lap! Wowzers! And it's not like there weren't any empty seats, there totally were! After about 5 minutes of her on my lap and me in total silence, she gave up on me and went elsewhere. I guess that was a pretty poor move on my part, but the truth is, it didn't actually register with me that she was sitting on my lap for a reason, or at least now in my mature and wise state, I am led to believe she had a reason! I might have only been in 8th or 9th grade but I could've been in for some serious hand holding and maybe even some on the lips kissing later!
I don't regret my actions on that evening, as now I'd rather die than be involved with this same girl, but the moral of the story is this... In order to make good with the ladies, it is always important to remember to not be an idiot. This will improve your chances greatly! Good luck virgins! If you ever get tired of the chase, I'm always up for collaborating on a zzt game with you!
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

you should have mounted her right there and then

Also ... what is ... "women"
Last edited by nps on Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.