Book Reading Shit

You're a bunch of Philistines really, aren't you?

Moderator: superbowl shuffle

TTTPPP
Latest band news: "There are no news!"

Post by TTTPPP »

Currently reading "The Oxford English Dictionary". I think I missed something in chapter A though because I don't really understand the plot.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I never would have figured nuero to be the literary type. Anyway I don't read much fiction, but when I do it's usually a book by Banana Yoshimoto. The latest one that I've read is "Gold Rush" by Miri Yu.

Also Oof when I was looking at old threads I saw your post that said that you had a dream where a worm-like thing was thrown into a bowl of creamy white crap and afterwards you made a game out of it. I laughed pretty hard. Can anyone point me towards a copy?
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

Actually nuero is a pretty smart guy, he just doesn't care enough to show it in his posts. :/

Me, on the other hand, I might look prety intelligent, but I'm really not. :o
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

don't worry i've never made that mistake :safe:
this is a deep and meaningful quote
craycpanda
god not again i hate you

Post by craycpanda »

YOU are the mistake here.
gay for gay users
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

I love it when you ONE-TWO STEP!

This 'Animal Farm' book is only about animals, as 'Lord of the Flies' is only about boys on an island.

I'll probably finish this tonight because it's SO FUCKING SHORT but I didn't read all week-end.
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

Revvy, how's Closing Time, since Catch-22 is incredible?
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

My favourite part of Catch-22 is still probably when Dr. Daneeka gets Yossarian to pretend he's a family's dying son.

"His name's not Harvey, it's Yossarian."
*shuggles*

I'm going to read Closing Time when I can find a copy at the library that's not fucking missing from the shelves. There's been about 3 so far.
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Ando, that is Paper Wisdom and I've totally been meaning to send it, but I was always too lazy or drugged and now I am far away from it (keepin' it real at spring break). I promise I will send it next week. Remind me if I forget.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

I finished Animal Farm.

I'm starting On the Road by Jack Kerouac.

After that, not necessaily in this order, I'm reading I, Robot by Isaac Asimov, Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway, House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. Dune Messiah by Frank Herbest, Revelation Space by Alistair Reynolds, and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

And maybe some more shit in if I think of it.

And I plan to re-read Choke by Chuck Paluhniuk, Jennifer Government by Max Barry, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams sometime before the movie comes out, so it's fresh as a motherfucker in my mind.

And at some point, Les Miserables.

*shuggles*

jesus fuck slow down mr librarian
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

America (The Book) isn't exactly fine literature but it's fucking hilarious.
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

I read that sometime late last year. It rules.

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

As much a fan I am of amphetimenes, On the Road is a speed induced rambling piece of crap, in literary terms of course. As books go it's better than a lot of the shit out there of course.

The Town and the Country is better.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*