Huh? Part 1: Capitalist Propoganda

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

that poor bear
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

HOLY CRAP IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS

Most work over the last few days has focused on the Pirate Ship and Red Diamond Forest segments. The current file size is 290k, so I'm going to have to wrap it up soon. I'm axing the Courthouse segment to keep the file under 360k; don't worry about missing anything, I didn't have any good ideas for it anyway. It was just another location on the world map. This places progress at around 75% done, with the remaining RPG battles being the hardest work left.

THIRD AND PROBABLY FINAL SCREENSHOT BATCH:

Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i like those fast bits

c'mon, give us a snare rush
rush
rush
rush
rush
hsur

BBBBRRRRRRRR
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN well not really

So anyway I played Aura just now and it fucking rocks, so I'm going to delay Huh a couple of weeks to put the time into it to make it worthy of competing with Aura for the last Madtom's Pick ever

Only the delay will push it into a mid-January release, so either I can release a pretty good game and probably lose to Aura, or I can make an awesome game that could go toe to toe with it, only it wouldn't matter because I'd be too late. ANGST :emo: I started Huh up again so I could finally finish it and not have it hanging over my head, but I'll admit that I'm a small enough person to have been sparked by Madtom's "I'M NOT DOING STUFF ANYMORE IN ORDER TO GIVE ME THE TIME TO DO STUFF" announcement, thinking that it'd be cool to get a second Madtom's Pick.

Actually

Right now I have the Moon Garden, 2.5 RPG battles, the ending, maybe a password system for file 2, and three or four minor boards left to do. Maybe I'll be able to finish at the time I said I would, but if I end up rushing through Moon Garden I'm going to slow down, make the delay official, and do a proper job. I'll see where I am after the Christmas festivities are done with, SO STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT WHETHER I ENDED UP BEING A LAZY FUCK OR NOT

I BLAME <s>FIRE EMBLEM</s> <s>ANDO</s> FIRE EMBLEM
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

SURRENDER NOW <B>YOU CANNOT WIN</b>
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Dos will just not upload your game until the 1st even if you do get it done.

Aura for madtom's final MTP is not a bad thing to round things off. Though I sort of wish I could have nailed a third one.

AURA :mgwhore: EFCW
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Aura probably won't be any good
Furry Jesus Freak
What can be said now?

Post by Furry Jesus Freak »

What the 'ell are you puffing Ryan? :pimp:
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

pot, you should try it, it's good, and it makes you coo.l
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

lol w33dz

this post was more pointless than usual
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
What can be said now?

Post by 235 »

he just drank a little TOO much of jesus's blood
Furry Jesus Freak
What can be said now?

Post by Furry Jesus Freak »

Somebody fix z2 plz k thx OR ELSE I WILL HURT SOMEBODY. OR MAKE THEM PLAY JAGUAR GAMES ALL DAY. WHATEVER COMES FIRST.
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

neither of those 'comes first,' i guess

Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

I didn't do anything on the 24th and barely anything on the 25th (No surprise there), and yesterday was spent almost entirely on optimizing the code and debugging the (no longer) really glitchy 2nd RPG battle, which after four hours or so of fixing is FINALLY running smoothly, but still needs the level system to be implemented, which means that the next task is to play through the game up to that point and determine how much exp can be obtained.

So yeah, this isn't going to make the original New Year's Eve deadline I set for myself. Classes don't start until January 10th, that should be enough time to do a good job.

Most of the work left is creative in nature, so I should be able to force my through it at a decent pace. It helps that I don't have my Gamecube with me, and I'm on 56k instead of broadband so I can't waste time hanging around Newgrounds. The main tasks programming wise are placing the level system into the RPG engine, and then creating two more battles; I said three earlier, but two of those were two different versions of the same battle where you either fight alone or with a partner, and I realized that I could fit that onto one board by using a flag. One battle will be one character vs. three enemies (need to figure out how to program multiple enemies), and the final battle with two playable characters vs. one enemy. That and the password system. The rest is just normal boards and cinema, nothing too rough but an extra 10 days will help.

I BABBLE
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Zandor 12 wrote: Most of the work left is creative in nature
Note to self: stop saying bullshit like that

So anyway I decided to try piggybacking four flags on top of each other and the result was what in retrospect I should've seen coming. Also, it turns out that the 2nd RPG battle wasn't a special case, and that every battle is that difficult for me to make. In addition, the current plans for the game will have it at a nearly unplayable 360-370k, so although I'm still optimizing stuff it looks like I'm going to end up cutting a couple boards to keep myself a couple steps away from walking off the cliff of DOOM, probably in the Red Diamond Forest eastern path. The more I work on this, the more it looks like my pessimistic guess of March I made in ZZTV9 might be right. I haven't done anything for the last few days since I've started this whole college thing again and have been reading through webcomic archives instead of doing ANYTHING constructive whatsoever.

Short summary: bad things happen, so game probably won't go to beta-testers until the end of January at the earliest. YAY! :dance: :dance: :emo:

also hooray for the ZZTpocalypse was cancelled