Huh? Part 1: Capitalist Propoganda

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Zandor 12
What has science done???

Huh? Part 1: Capitalist Propoganda

Post by Zandor 12 »

HELL HATH FROZEN OVER

I actually became bored enough to start working on Huh? again. Work is progressing at a semi-steady pace. There will be action, there will be suspense, there will be pirates, there will be random non-sequiters, there will be pirates, and there will be The Shameful Use of the Author as a Main Character. And pirates.

If all goes well, expect Huh? Part 1: CAPITALIST PROPOGANDA sometime around New Year's Eve. Or March. One of the two.

NOW FOR SCREENSHOTS:

<s>This commune has a problem. I shall fix this problem with the device. What is the device? It is a wondrous object that will destroy all injustice, and lead Z2 into a new golden age. Or, it could turn into something like Stupid RPG, but with more stupid. It depends on a variety of circumstances including clouds, stars, and apathy. I have a good plot worked out, but I've been sitting on the damn game since that demo I had in ZZTV8, which is at least a year, so I'd be better off scrapping that and starting all over.

Anyway.

If I ever do start up work on Huh? again, this will be my project thread. If not, it will go nowhere. The plot is based on something I and Bigman made with magnetic poetry, with some extra things added to tie it all together. Yet, despite that origin that by all means should make it suck, that is the thing that makes it great. You'll see what I mean, unless you don't, which means that either I didn't follow up this post or you're dumb.

It's midnight and my homework still isn't done. Those 50 minutes leading up to American Studies are going to be very interesting.</s>
Last edited by Zandor 12 on Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

In the interest of trying to make myself do something with this game, this is the magnetic poem Bigman and I made that gave me the idea for the game. I think I posted it in the very early days of Z2, before the ANGRY PURGES OF DOOM wiped everything clean two or three times, and I just realized I've been here two and a half years and now feel old. It contains maybe 5% of the plot; the parts I added for the sake of coherency turned out more interesting than most of this stuff, and as a result the game has drifted considerably off-topic from the poem, probably for the better. I did manage to work most of this into the plot in some shape or form, though.

Tell the shadow mist you and Blue are drunk with power milk

You is butt ugly yet gorgeous Symphony Boy

Elaborate bitter chocolate is deliriously repulsive

Crush a thousand delicate sausages or death beneath the red forest of diamond petals

Sweet purple rain honey it is a languid though mean tongue at the Moon Garden

Scream for a raw peach as if to worship the wax cooking goddess and eat an egg

Manipulate luscious soaring roses whispering a weak storm when our lazy enormous friend is acheing

Two cool pink sky ships did want the fluffy shadow puppy but the void beat these tiny iron apparatuses

Incubate my TV like Club Rock did and will chain essential fiddles to its top licking drooling meat

My current vision of the game indicates something in the style of Mind Vomit, with a more detailed (and sometimes even coherent) plot alongside an RPG engine that will have a level-up system.

I probably shouldn't have made a post until I had something to show for it. To make amends I shall now utilize the under-used and underrated Thinking Man emoticon (or whatever it's called) to end my post.

:hmmmm:
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Thread necromancy lol :ravebaron:

The project's back from the dead, therefore so is the project thread. Wouldn't have made a third post, but I wanted the screens near the top and editing the post didn't count as a bump.

I'd estimate progress to be 20-25% or so. Seven boards are done at 105 KB, with ... 30ish to get where I'm planning on getting for the first file. Might have to cut it off a bit earlier, I'll deal with that when I get there.
Last edited by Zandor 12 on Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

the building in the first screenshot is pretty awesome
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Furry Jesus Freak
What can be said now?

Post by Furry Jesus Freak »

Zandor <3 The demo was most awesome, I especially liked the awesome signs and devil-mailbox. And the pirate. He was cool too. Oh, and FYI, Develin says he's very sad and disapointed that you REFUSE TO SPEND TIME WITH HIM ALL DUE TO THAT GAME!!!111 ANGST ANGST etc. So, um, yeah. Also, OFFICIAL I H8 HACKERS POST! :911:
EDIT: He also says he'll beta Huh? AND SO WILL I DANGGIT
Last edited by Furry Jesus Freak on Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Leet Haxor Disrespects Your Disrespect
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Thanks, Zenith and Jazzy. The building's Club Rockman, which will play a larger part in Part 2 if I ever get around to it. I'm up to the Pirate Ship segment, so I'm something like 1/3-2/5 finished now. Once exam week is over I'm going back to Devils Lake for a few weeks, so I should be able to put in some overtime on it and send it off to beta testers as a Christmas present of sorts. Or I could forget what I'm doing and waste all of my time playing through Hector Hard Mode in Fire Emblem instead.

Also Jazzy have you ever considered that YOU might be a hacker??

Also, more screenshots because <s>I'm hellbent on ruining the game for all of you</s> I can:

This is the board I did this afternoon:

The outdoor boards have been redone to look less like ass, and I just realized that there were no outdoor boards in the ZZTV8 demo making this sentence and screenshot completely meaningless:

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

the second screenshot looks like a lake composed of CERTAIN REPRODUCTIVE SUBSTANCE
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

I BET I CAN GUESS WHAT IT IS
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

nadir you don't need milk to reproduce!
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

What about where milk comes from?
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

It never hurts.
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

male lactation does
this is a deep and meaningful quote
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

I blame <s>Ando's autism</s> not knowing how to take a fullscreen screenshot with Screen Thief, and then screwing up colors further by saving it as a .gif.

Actually, I blame Ando after all.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Don't blame me; I've got a(n autistic) wive and kids.

Can I see what you've got done with my interview, btw?