MUI: Tloomas

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Jotz
rank bank jotz

MUI: Tloomas

Post by Jotz »

First of all my name is Jotz. I haven't been here in a while but now I decided to make a sequel to MUI. The last MUI was only about 70 boards long but this one might be around 150 (If I need to use 2 ZZT files, I will). Though, the size of the actually playing area is about 1/8 of the total board size. Like the last one, it will have strange settings, one-line humor, and overall weirdness. At my pace, I will be finishing at least 20 boards per week so expect this one to come soon to your ZZT program. (Can someone tell me how to take this 101 off of my name?)
╟ is the best char.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Go back in the ne-

Hell just give me 1 minute and I'll fix it for you now.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

20 boards a week? Holy crap. That's fast. What are the graphics like? Do you have a screenshot?
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

Like I said, the actual playing area is about 1/8 of the total board size. Plus, most of the dialog is 1 line long. But I am going more to quantity over quality. That doesn't mean the graphics will be garbage, though. Here's a screen for your viewing pleasure:

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421462296/0.jpg
╟ is the best char.
TTTPPP
Latest band news: "There are no news!"

Post by TTTPPP »

Jotz wrote:Like I said, the actual playing area is about 1/8 of the total board size.
Is this a new idea? It sounds quite sensible to have a game where you can imply travelling a long way without the large amount of walking needed to traverse whole boards east/west. However you'd have to be careful it won't cut out all the action from the game.
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

No, this practice is also (and, to my knowledge, first) seen in FishFood's game, ERA. Often the reason for this is to not have to work so much on graphics, though I suppose one might do it for different reasons as well.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I enjoyed the first MUI, I seem to recall a few passage linking problems though, so look out for those.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

I mainly used the size so it will feel more like you traveled a long distance. Plus, most of the humor is short so I don't need a large area for it. I will also be working on each board more so it will be more detailed and bug-free.
╟ is the best char.
TTTPPP
Latest band news: "There are no news!"

Post by TTTPPP »

Homz wrote:No, this practice is also (and, to my knowledge, first) seen in FishFood's game, ERA. Often the reason for this is to not have to work so much on graphics, though I suppose one might do it for different reasons as well.
I'd played ERA, and I'm not sure I even noticed it was all in a shrunk screen. Looking back at it, I does help the storyline to progress faster, as there's less things on each board for you to worry about (although the graphics still look like they were a lot of work).
Jotz - Will all your boards be in the same size window?
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

Fortunately or unfortunately, the size is about 1/4 of ERA's boarder. But like I said, I'm going to try to get it to about 150 boards. I can still fit a lot of things in such a little space, though. If you want to see how the game is like, just check out the first MUI, but the sequel will have greater quality than the last hopefully.
╟ is the best char.
What can be said now?

Post by 646 »

Where can I get the original?
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

Not that I think anyone would care but MUI 2 is now cancelled. I am now working on a game called The Touch. If you don't see it on ZZT expect to see it on Bang.
╟ is the best char.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

ok.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Wait! What does MUI stand for? Mission Un-Impossible?
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

your Mother's User Interface
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.