The Movie Channel

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

Will Sharber
What can be said now?

The Movie Channel

Post by Will Sharber »

I'm sure all of you are sick of me talking about TMC, so this rant is for those who don't know of it.

TMC is about a man named Loki Anders, who is hired at corporate headquarters for the biggest television network in the continental United States, (sadly) only as an errand boy. (After some drab gameplay where Loki runs errands for different people on different floors and cutscenes) Loki quietly walks into a room where a secret meeting is occuring without the company's consent. After hearing some information that he is sure he wasn't supposed to hear, the men conducting the rendezvous spot him and - (I cut the preview off here so as not to spoil anything.)

In my opinion, TMC has original gameplay, challenging puzzles, and a strong storyline. (except for the turning point, which the game couldn't have progressed without.) There is another PC but I don't want to give away too much.

Hopefully MadTom got the screenshots I sent him so I can post them here.
Please give me your comments. As I will take them seriously.
Last edited by Will Sharber on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

ok so I read that and all that was going through my head at the time was...

"This is Rupture farms. They say it's the biggest meat processing plant on Oddworld. That's me. My name is Abe!"

ok so I don't have it memorized, but it reminds me of the intro to Abe's Oddysee.

Rupture... rapture... repture... I don't know
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
What can be said now?

Post by 570 »

HURRY WITH THAT GAME. I need a good game to play!

It sounds good, I would really like to beta test. Tell me once you finish! The story, (From what I just read), sounds kinda 'bland', but Im not sure what that secret info the people were talkin about so who am I to judge?

Good luck on the game.
Will Sharber
What can be said now?

Post by Will Sharber »

That small percentage of the story was meant to be, as you put it, bland. If I revealed the entire plot then no one would be, for lack of a better word, surprised when I release it. But I assure you that the story has made a few of my peers feel compelled to compliment me on my story telling ability. It's even made a couple of them laugh at points. (They told me that the points in the story meant to be dapper are, and the serious ones are serious.)

And sorry again but I don't want to reveal too much of the story at present.

Dr. Dos: I played it, but I don't remember it.

Oh and mr.bob: Sorry, but I have a full list of Beta testers. If one of them drops out, or just doesn't want to use all their time tesing a multi-file game, then yes you can beta. And If I hurry with the project then it won't be at its best when I finish it. Patience is a virtue. These are not the droids you're looking for.

One last thing: Where is MadTom? He has my screenshots. Or maybe I didn't properly send them.
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

Sounds nice, I'll have to download the demo.
MadTom
<:D

Screenshot for TMC.

Post by MadTom »

Please excuse the lateness.

Click for full screenshot.

The above picture is entitled 'City at Moonlight'.

Incidentally, I can vouch for zane's competence, if any of you remain in doubt.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

MooseKuh: http://zzt.org/madtom/screens/tmc-2.gif I was about to say "what the hell is this shit" but I looked at it and I actually like the way he was messing with camera angles, as it were =o
What can be said now?

Post by 624 »

Multi-file? How many files are you planning on putting on this game?

In other news- Cool looking screen shot there!
Will Sharber
What can be said now?

Post by Will Sharber »

It'll probably bleed out into four files.
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

I give this three, maybe four weeks?

It'll be interesting if this actually works out, though.
Will Sharber
What can be said now?

Post by Will Sharber »

NPS: I've been working on this game for 11 months now. And I'm not planning on scrapping it.

Homz: The demo really has nothing to do with the actual game. I just wanted to release the RPG engine included with the demo. The only thing the two have in common is their names.
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

I realised that shortly after loading it up. It still is nice, though.
Will Sharber
What can be said now?

Post by Will Sharber »

Production on TMC is going smoothly, but since I don't plan on releasing any more of the plot or screenshots, then I wouldn't protest if anyone deleted this thread. It was a waste of time to brag if I'm not at liberty to tell anyone exactly what I'm doing.
but it will be out soon enough, hopefully.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

No, just keep on bragging about the stuff you can't mention! Like, make vague brags. Yeah.
What can be said now?

Post by 646 »

I sure can't wait until whatever we're waiting for to come out to come out.