Nintendo has ruled, and shall continue to rule.

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

i didn't mean games like wind waker

i meant SUPER MONKEY BALL and SUPER SMASH BROTHERS and MARIO PARTY and all that shit
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

With the exception of the Virtual Boy, I have owned every Nintendo system, and will continue to do so.

Unlike a few other companies (coughMICROSOFTcough) they haven't lost sight of the goal of video games, and that goal is that video games are supposed to be FUN. I love my Gamecube and all my games, and anyone who's got a problem with it can go DIE.
What can be said now?

Post by 53 »

Virtual Boy Sucked, who's idea was it?
What can be said now?

Post by 598 »

haven't played eternal darkness. :( sorry.

btw, smash bros. does indeed kick ass. is super monkey ball really any good? i know it's cheap, so...
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

I want a Virtual Boy, but I can't find one. :(
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Knightt, Super Monkey Ball is a masterpiece crafted from 100% rainbows, dead leprechauns, and love. You will buy it. NOW!!!

If you're not sure that you'll like it though, either get both or just Super Monkey Ball 2. I'm not sure that it's better, but it's got a lot more minigames to keep you happy in the off-chance that your soul is too bitter and corrupt to appreciate the sheer beauty of the main game.

Also, if I remember correctly the Virtual Boy was made by Gunpei Yokei (I probably slaughtered that name), inventor of the Game Boy. Nintendo was so displeased with the Virtual Boy that he was fired, then run over by a car. And now he's dead.
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Terryn
torpid refresh rates!

Post by Terryn »

Zandor: ha ha, you have an FDS? I'd want one simply for that Konami game where you play as a baby that shakes a rattle at enemies and causes them to inflate. Err, "Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa".

EDIT: Whoops, there's an NES version of that too. PLAY NOW DAMNIT

Well, there's "Kick Challenger - Air Foot", where you play as a sentient tomato with gigantic shoes; IT'S EXCLUSIVE and I'd get an FDS for the purposes of playing that game!

There's some other exclusive games to it, like some old Squaresoft ones, and IIRC the first Tokimeki Memorial-style game.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Dispite the virtual boy sucking, you've got to hand it to nintendo for trying something different.

Also the screens in the virtual boy are actually rather expensive screens which cost more than buying a used VB.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 53 »

I saw a couple of virtualboys on ebay going for $15 right now :D
What can be said now?

Post by 598 »

is that the initial price, or are people actually bidding? i have trouble imagining too many people right now are thinking "oh man, i need a virtual boy real bad".

but i must restate that my views on nintendo are highly positive. i <3 gbasp, snes, nes, gbc, gb, gcn... okay, so i don't like the n64 much... but they're a damned good company with a damned good history.
What can be said now?

Post by 53 »

it had about 2 hours left, about 2 hours ago
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

...Terryn, what's an FDS? If you mean a Famicom, I don't have one and I'm not sure what led your train of thought there.

If not though, then the answer's an enthusiastic yes. Now if you'll excuse me, the animutation finally finished loading and I must go now.
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Famicom Disk System if I'm not mistaken. It used floppies.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 598 »

played final fantasy: crystal chronicles the other day, multiplayer. had loads of fun... dunno if i'd call it complex or not complex, but anyway, it's much better than the 7s or so video game magazines have been giving it. they'll give b.s. like the new mainstream series ffs (or whatever you want to call them) 10s or near 10s, but they'll give ff:cc 7s. blurgh.

gamecube is indeed the best modern console system.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

I heard it wasn't as much fun if you didn't have lots of Game Boy Advances.