Shadowrun Info

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

MadTom wrote:According to KevEdit's help file, the board limit is not 20kb (20480 bytes), it's actually somewhere around 20000 bytes. That's the point at which KevEdit starts to report board instability in the board dialog (press I), and it's usually almost exactly at that point that I start to experience problems.
How many bytes are in one kilobyte? I think this is why ZZWorks is not reporting filesizes correctly. It's always off by one or two kilobytes.[/quote]
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

Isn't it 1024 or something?
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
What can be said now?

Post by 453 »

zzt.exe dynamically allocates a buffer of exactly 20000 bytes which it uses to (among other things) store boards when switching between them. you can go over that limit, but since the memory is dynamically allocated you can never tell what (if anything) the bytes beyond the limit will overwrite. any board under 20000 bytes should always work.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Ha. Yeah. I figured that's how it worked.
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Clecky wrote:Isn't it 1024 or something?
Okay, thanks. In any case it should be more accurate than 1000. I'll go recompile the program now because I have five minutes to waste.

Edit: Yep, that number works great.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--