a little something

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

where? I missed it...

World map board is pushing 12k after adding the code for the car (very little) and the code for a town (very much). The battle engine too is pushing the 10k mark, and this is before defending, running, and spells have been implemented. So far I have been graced with enough memory, and I think I can make it work. I'm too in love with the project to drop it now if I can't get the battle the way I was hoping.

Also I have a story.

STORY: A metallic moon eclipses the sun and casts evil rays upon it. After a genration of rot the world is under the control of large alien tripods and is sustained by a tower that replaces the energy lost by the moon's presense. In this oppressive environment, twins are born with a special atunement to the alien's psychic powers. Quest to overload the towers and open a portal to the heart of the black moon to destroy it.

Still no title.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

Out of random suggestion if you're using carrot object for mountain like in wasteland, use dead shark of color instead.

That's if it's on yur map that is.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

a good idea, but I scrapped the caret for mountains thing. here's the world map. It doesn't look as good as it really does because the water is not animated (modified 1objfire code).

*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

I'd use a dark blue background for the water, and shape the currents around the land rather than in a straight gradient. The animation should still work, provided you say:

Code: Select all

#change blue solid normal
Rather than:

#change blue solid blue normal
Carets for mountains is horrible. Works for ADOM but not for ZZT.
burstroc
replsd

Post by burstroc »

^_^;;

the _ is a valley and the ;; is a waterfall
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

MadTom wrote:I'd use a dark blue background for the water, and shape the currents around the land rather than in a straight gradient. The animation should still work, provided you say:

#change blue solid normal
Rather than:

#change blue solid blue normal
Ah! That preserves the background colour? I never knew that before.

EDIT: It looks a lot better now. Thanks <3

I changed the screen shot above.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

well I guess I did know that. It's how I got dark red blood in angelis finale.

I must resist the urge to post every board I finish, but I'm nearly done with the castle (four boards). And the world map is pretty much done. (and just under 13k)

I haven't worked on the battle engine lately which is bad. But soon!

On the 21st I'll be going home for Christmas so my ex-#endgame entry will be out soon, and I will once again have my unfinished Angelis Finale ep2 and EFCW in my hot little zzting hands.

One of these days madtom's music he wrote for wolfenstein will see the light of day.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

oh right that

do you want any more? looking back it's not very good
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

It's fine, better than a lot of things dude.

One the other hand, I've got two little things (three if you're willing) that I need transposed. They're short loops from early Ultima's (Much like the song I posted above). All the midis I found sucked and were obviously some guy on a keyboard so I took the SID's from the C64 version and converted them to midi and lo and behold noteworthy was actually able to display them in some decent fashion. I tried to key them in as it displayed (like how I did the first one), but I think zzt doesn't really do sharps and flats as it's supposed to.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Commodore wrote:It's fine, better than a lot of things dude.
I get it

Anyway, Noteworthy often doesn't do a very good job of working with keys, and it does really weird things with triplet rhythms and such. ZZT's should work all right, unless you're using a DOS emulator which can send the tuning to shit

Send them over, I'll have a look if you want
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

YAY.

I have returned to the other side of the country to claim what is rightfully mine! That is to say my #endgame entry, and the remains of Angelis Finale p2 and Wolfenstein!

Now of the four projects the #endgame entry is the closest to being done, while this thread's project sits on my buddy's laptop 3000 miles away. So if I'm productive by the end of my stay here (a week) I'll have a release. Then it's back to making a battle engine. JOY.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Well my #endgame entry is gone. :( For those of you who were ever on the #endgame boards my name was malcontent.

Much better news is that I FINISHED MY BATTLE ENGINE. Weighing in at a little over 8000 bytes its a surprisingly slim engine. It'll only gets a little bigger for ones that have three monster types, and actually gets smaller for boss battles. (some spells won't work on certain bosses so I can eliminate excess code.) The only thing to add is music.

Having a finished battle engine is a great boost in confidence and allows me to actually start designing some dungeons, since I have a battle engine to connect them to. So far for locations I only have the castle and a small town, but now I'll make some caves and stuff. Hopefully I can keep the file size down. I'll need to do some trimming I think on art boards that consume memory with objects for drawing.

With my map engine and my battle engine working together, this will be the fightingest ZZT RPG ever!
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I finally got my lappy connected to the internet and slogged my way through the web with ie5 dodging stack overflows to deliver these screens.

*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

the skeleton in the top-left corner of the last screenshot is busting some serious moves
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Skullie.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.