Why did building seven fall down?

..................WTF?! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS "XRUMER"?!

Moderator: Quantum P.

MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

I think you've missed my question: assuming all this is true, and that some legitimate authority orchestrated or at least had a hand in the attack, why would they bother with Building 7? I'm not a 9/11 scholar and would genuinely like to know.

Perhaps it held servers with data that the authority in question would rather disappeared along with the towers? I don't know.
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

Schrödinger's Cat wrote:
a $3.6 billion insurance payout to the owner of the World Trade Center.
Building 7 was part of the WTC, was it not?

Let's ask Flimsy.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

OK, point. I was focussing on the classic "rationale for war" idea. Is the insurance money the usual rationale the conspiracy theorists give for this? It seems a bit outlandish to me.

This is honestly one of the most interesting threads I've read on Z2. It's just the question of motive that kept cropping up, and I couldn't find an answer in what Flimsy is saying.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

What?
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

In addition to the insurance money thing, building 7 contained a 23-million-dollar emergency command center, but instead of using it for its ostensible purpose, then-Mayor Giuliani evacuated his team to a makeshift command center as soon as the September 11th attack started.

It is my GUESS that this very command center would have been the perfect place to coordinate the attacks from, and that the building was then destroyed to get rid of whatever evidence may have remained in it. The emergency command center was destroyed along with the rest of the building, even though it was constructed as a bomb-hardened shelter.
mania-[ker]
Im Zamros

Post by mania-[ker] »

i guess the millenium hilton, a building about the same distance from the wtc as building 7 and not even part of the wtc complex, suffered major structural integrity because paris hilton wanted an insurance payout so she could buy a new sweater for her dog.

the universe can explode out of a little ball, so i think a building can fall so it looks like someone wanted it to fall too.

faggots.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Flimsy Parkins wrote:In addition to the insurance money thing, building 7 contained a 23-million-dollar emergency command center, but instead of using it for its ostensible purpose, then-Mayor Giuliani evacuated his team to a makeshift command center as soon as the September 11th attack started.
Is that documented? If so, it's pretty shifty!
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

This is the only picture I could find of the "major structural damage" zamros says the millenium hilton suffered.

It appears to consist of dirt and some windows being broken.

In contrast, building 7 was completely annihilated.
Last edited by Alexis Janson on Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

Tomsacold wrote:
Flimsy Parkins wrote:In addition to the insurance money thing, building 7 contained a 23-million-dollar emergency command center, but instead of using it for its ostensible purpose, then-Mayor Giuliani evacuated his team to a makeshift command center as soon as the September 11th attack started.
Is that documented? If so, it's pretty shifty!
Yes

http://www.washingtontechnology.com/new ... 274-1.html

http://www.gothamgazette.com/iotw/terrorism/
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

Here's a map of ground zero, so you can see where the various buildings are (or were)
Last edited by Alexis Janson on Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mania-[ker]
Im Zamros

Post by mania-[ker] »

they closed the hotel because it was teetering around like a freakin weeble, i can show you a picture of a guy with cancer riding a bike and you probably wouldn't be able to tell me he has cancer
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

I can't seem to turn up any record of the hotel teetering, like a weeble or otherwise.

I guess the broken windows were weight-bearing windows.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i might be wrong, but I think zamros lives in new york(or at least long island). that would give him a little credibility on the matter.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

Commodore wrote:i might be wrong, but I think zamros lives in new york(or at least long island). that would give him a little credibility on the matter.
Presenting sources or photographic evidence would give him a lot more credibility, now wouldn't it?