WARNING: A HUGE BATTLESHIP IS APPROACHING FAST

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Roger the Cabin Boy wrote:vgs
vgamet
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

Roger the Cabin Boy wrote:vgs
Virtual GoatSe?

Nadir, since I don't know you or your gaming habits, but I liked Frost 2 so much, I'm giving you... a 2. BUT ONLY BECAUSE OF FROST 2.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

castlevania 1 and 3 are pretty hard.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Micr0wave
aaaaa

Post by Micr0wave »

Clash at Demonhead isn't that hard actually if you just buy the good weapons and the jetpack, but I guess for someone who's never played it that game would be hard.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

actually the game itself isn't so bad, but the bosses are just SO DIFFICULT

Micr0wave
aaaaa

Post by Micr0wave »

Yeah, they're hard, but use the thundershot and have a full food supply and they're not so bad.

EDIT: Also, I downloaded that Summer Carnival game. I can get to the second stage without dying, but then I get fucked up :(. Pretty fun game, I will try getting past the second stage.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Pocky and Rocky isn't too hard, so I nominate the Mega Man Zero series in its place. S rankings are a royal pain in the ass.
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

Most games I've consider hard are games with total crap gameplay, and who-the-fok-playtest-this controls. Other then that some hard games are pretty easy.

Battletoad is fricken nuts, getting you doing all kinds of junk like a darn obstical course and insta kill everywhere(snake level is awesome). And with limited continues too. Game was cool by the way, and still can't hardly believed they made a cartoon for it.

Dragon's lair for nes was retarded, and a good example of a game done while drunk. Your player is well animated frame by frame for a nes game but to bend over or turn around takes a century, because you have to wait til the animation is done, and by that time some snake would have lob a baseball that'll kill you instantly. In a matter of fact, EVERYTHING kills you nearly instantly. and if you throw too many weapons, you kill overImage. If you don't walk along with a platform, you fall and die.
And once you get to the end, too many things going on on the screen with the final boss, the nes won't hardly show all the insta kill projective being thrown at you,... on top of waiting on damn dirk to finish standing up and the benting of the knees to jump and shit. Had good laughs at it thoughImage.

3d world runner I don't have to improvise, other then toward that final level you running at neck crack fujita speed down god knows what and why the hell for and be jumping on fire pillow over cassoms. That game ain't right.

Anyway, hard games are most desired by game ninjas back in da day, and hardly some out now.
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

Zenith Nadir wrote: teenage mutant ninja turtles
Oh MAN. I never did beat this game. I gave up after getting a few game overs at the underwater stage after the boss battle in the first world. Having to start the entire game over when I just needed to practice one part became too frustrating.

I would also add to this list: Double Dribble (when playing against the celtics. The celtics make every shot).

Marble Madness (genesis) I always ran out of time at the very end of the last level where the platforms constantly change.

I had a really hard time with sonic and knuckles, but I was never very good at the sonic games. The time limits always freaked me out. Actually, the same goes for ecco the dolphin. Having a limited supply of air (especially in underwater caves) scared me. *chills* Yea, that game scares me more than shivers did when I was eight.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

note: the ones i listed are games that are hard but fun. if a game is hard but no fun to play i won't bother with it for long!

i forgot all about mega man zero. i managed to get a way into that but then i stopped.

dragon's lair was terrible, the only reason it's of any worth is because of the don bluth animation which was HOLY SHIT INCREDIBLE in 1986

here is another hard game: another world/out of this world (i can't be bothered to play this without savestates, it's not worth it)
here is a game that is not hard: syonen ashibe (snes)

Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Megaman Zero is easy so long as you know what weapon to fight with which boss.

But yeah it takes me a few hours to get through the very beginning stages of each game in the series.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

is the answer Darius?
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Micr0wave
aaaaa

Post by Micr0wave »

Maybe I'll download Zero, although I'm currently playing through like 20 games.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

The best thing to do with impossible games is watch speedruns.

I've seen one for Clash at Demonhead and Out of This World before.

A lot of times if they're short enough they'll be on youtube.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Micr0wave
aaaaa

Post by Micr0wave »

Ryan knows all about tool-assisted speedruns.

http://tasvideos.org/

Clash at Demonhead is there, not an impossible game :(, I played through it again earlier this year.