ZZT multiplayer?

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

"Information about the game

In this game you play the role of Abigail, a teenage girl. The game starts with you going on your first date with Brian. The two of you fall in love... But then, Brian slips off a dune. Abigail, being desperate, makes a prayer to the God Ramia. Ramia wants to help you, but in exchange you will need to become the bearer of his soul. This is where a long adventureof exploring a vast RPG world starts. Along the way you will meet many people who will help you, hundreds of enemies to defeat, and more... The graphics in this game look awesome too, and there will be plenty of GDM songs to listen to. This all will probably make this game THE MegaZeux hit of 1999! "

Why is this in a feature about ZZT games made in 1991.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 371 »

Hmm, that's a part of the 'Engine 2' feature. Sounds like a bug. Wait a sec, I'll have a look at it.

Edit: it's fixed now.
Way to much posts!

Post by 7 »

boy was engine 2 trash. wouldn't mind playing it again to giggle at, but alas, mzx is too obsolete to come close to working on my manly machina
What can be said now?

Post by 371 »

Hmm, I have to disagree with you here. Personally I think Engine 2 was a true masterpiece. I have not played many MZX games that actually feel like playing a japanese RPG, but this one does have that feeling. :)

Working in MZX doesn't appeal to me either by the way. I have always prefered working in ZZT above working in MZX, though I have worked on an MZX game once or twice...
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

ryosuke stop lying

Luke Drelick may have been really, really dumb but most of his ZZT and MZX games were pretty good

With the exception of Final Fantasy EdVenture. That one was just annoying, even if it did have pretty graphics. Especially the ending; "lol greg janson and butts had sex and lived gayly evar after :))"

What can be said now?

Post by 371 »

Hmm, again I have to disagree: first of all Luke was always a good internet buddy of mine - he was the first outside my reallife friends that played the first few IF games (Indiana Jones, Freak da Cat and KQZZT) and later on I always had good talks with him about subjects ranging from ZZT to trance/house/gabber music. I never understood why so many people always hated him: personally I liked his no-nonsense attitude.

And FF EdVenture is a really nice game too IMO: okay, the GregJanson-is-a-fag jokes are a bit over the top, but the rest of the game is so epic and playable that it's a classic to me.
Terryn
torpid refresh rates!

Post by Terryn »

Zenith Nadir wrote:ryosuke stop lying

Luke Drelick may have been really, really dumb but most of his ZZT and MZX games were pretty good

With the exception of Final Fantasy EdVenture. That one was just annoying, even if it did have pretty graphics. Especially the ending; "lol greg janson and butts had sex and lived gayly evar after :))"
Luke's games, while sometimes good on a gameplay/aesthetic level, usually had horrendous plots (Engine 2 and Seiken Densetsu: Blade of Islan in particular). I'd question the stability of someone who'd "chase to the ends of the earth" someone she just met.

Luke's best games, MZX-wise at least, usually were when he wasn't trying hard. nWoRPG and Magic Ripple Remix are good examples; Kikan and FF:EdV are examples of trying far too hard.

Oh, and for personality: Luke's both on and off, it seems. He can be nice sometimes (he's pretty nice to Suz, for example) and other times he's yelling about PS2 jaggies or something else that makes for an amusing log.
What can be said now?

Post by 371 »

Terryn> Weren't you in Duky Inc. a while ago, or am I mistaken here?

Kikan was indeed not special, but personally I never liked nWo Hollywood either - probably because the whole WWF thing doesn't interest me.

Seiken Densetsu: Blade of Islan, FF EdVenture and the second Engine were my favorite Luke Drelick games and also favorite MZX games (together with games like Honor Quest SE, Bernard the Bard and Spirit Revenge).

Like I said before they are just so playable (and in the case of SD:BoI and E2 also epic), the same level of RPG-playability is rarely met in any other MZX game. The storyline of SD:BoI was prettty nice IMO, and Engine 2's is also. Sure, it's not Rhygar, but still the plots are sufficient.
Terryn
torpid refresh rates!

Post by Terryn »

Hydra: MindForge has been my only company. You must be thinking of someone else. =P
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Oh god, I'd forgotten that Seiken Densetsu shit. Well, the plot was horrible, but it was still pretty enjoyable.

I must confess to never playing Kikan or NWO Hollywood. But hey, I never said I had!

Overflow was one of the games I operated on extensively prior to actually making my own ZZT games. For this alone I am indebted to Drelick.

However!

Hydra, maybe you're just misinformed or something but to my mind, accusing people of having incestuous sex with their sisters with no provocation and then entering IRC channels just to flood them isn't the mark of someone with a "no-nonsense" attitude, it's the work of a fully fledged idiot. If you dig around on the dMZX boards enough you'll see what I mean, he's made quite the nuisance of himself in MegaZeux land in the past year =(

What can be said now?

Post by 371 »

Terryn> Hmm, I guess I have mistaken you with this guy called 'Wervyn', though now I doubt he even was in Duky Inc.

Zenith> Well, that sounds like lame actions indeed and I knew nothing about them, which is probably caused by the fact that I stopped following the 'community' somewhere in 2001, and even before that, I always was more active in the ZZT than in the MZX community.

Even back in 1996 or so he was not really an 'accepted' MZX community member, like the Autumn Dreams guys (Myth, Monti, yenrab, etc...) and New Revolution team (Guyver, MeNtaLbOy, etc...) were.

By the way, the 'no nonsense' thing I meant was that Luke simply made good games, instead of hyping projects to dead on IRC channels or message boards and then never finish them, like so many MZXers did in those days.

But then again, this is all just based on the side of Luke that I knew. I think my last conversation with him was dated from somewhere in 1999. After that, I never heard from him again anymore...
Way to much posts!

Post by 7 »

i meant they had horrible plots.

...and maxim made most of the engines and graphics for luke, anyway.
What can be said now?

Post by 371 »

Who is this Maxim guy anyway? I heard his name now and then back in the day, but can't remember playing a game of his...
Terryn
torpid refresh rates!

Post by Terryn »

Despite the reputation he got on mWorld and early Digi boards, I sorta miss him. =/

He made Unknown Game #2 (I think, don't hold me to that!) but besides that he mostly released joke games like CANT 4 and MZXRPG.

Oh, and for ZZT he made Digital Bondage Story. Never played that.

(It's posts like these that make me wish that phpBB had a split topic function... oh wait whoops nm)
What can be said now?

ZZT multiplayer?

Post by 464 »

Would it be possible to make zzt multiplayer? Just imagine having an interactive forum where you can be in zzt and can chat and move and and and and .... that would be kewl!