Game Engine Changes:
- PLAYSYNC property now present. This eliminates gaps in #PLAY music designed to be looped in a "fake" fashion, so such "idle-cycle-timed" #PLAY commands will now work seamlessly even if the timing is not measured correctly. Basically, the engine will "tow forward" an object executing a #PLAY command if the play queue runs dry during an idle cycle.
- Object names, object binding, etc. now works better.
- Player clones navigate to passages now (many worlds required this).
- Multi-line scrolls no longer moved across when touched.
- Zapped re-entry no longer destroys starting passage.
- Passage color identification is now precise; strange color combos had been confusing the passage nav routines.
- Editor handles PLAYER creation without explicit CPY=0 much better.
- Passage P3 now being set correctly in editor.
- Passage and door colors are now set properly after ENTER key pickup in editor.
- GUIs within a WAD now extractable to ZZTGUI files in editor.
- Key fallthrough and mouse fallthrough fixed for text boxes.
- "Unsaved" asterisk indicator shows up in editor GUI; this is a staple in modern text editors.
- Direct mouse selection of pattern and color within GUI (request from tapeworm).
- Editor GUI title (second row) switches between editor styles (request from tapeworm).
I haven't tested all the worlds aggressively to see how many more of them work correctly, but I can ascertain that Aura, Little Square Things, Dreams, Unreal, and MacGyver ZZT are functional. Furthermore, a great number of previously "broken" worlds are now playable.
Banana Quest can't be too far off.