Lyon

Discuss how totally awesome Bang! is here.

Moderator: Terryn

Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Re: Lyon

Post by Saxxon »

My project for work is coming to a close. Should give me more time to work on this. I still really want to get this finished. Legend of Blacksilver crack was also finished (just need to release through a group and get a proper intro.) Aside from Scharfrichter and Bizhawk (both put on hold indefinitely for research reasons), I have no other coding projects.
Smilymzx
I hope she made lotsa spaghetti!

Post by Smilymzx »

OT: I knew you were in the NES Community (even if you did not appear anywhere on NESDEV), Just forgot!

So, Roton2 is going along OK it looks like, Even though still not much is done, because the project is at it's infancy, That is the unofficial status report i'm giving today,

BTW: Welcome back, Saxxon!
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Thanks.

Once again, time away got me thinking about things. I just keep thinking that I'm messing something up fundamentally. The code from the Lyon codebase (that is in the first post) is actually really good. I could probably use very large portions of it to speed up the process.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Saxxon wrote:Legend of Blacksilver crack was also finished (just need to release through a group and get a proper intro.)
You should contact hending of genesis project. He's a nice guy, and has been helping me with music for my games. Maybe they could get the docs into it. I'm actually surprised no one has just grabbed your download from the thread, slapped an intro on it, and uploaded it to CSDb yet. That seems par for the course.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Got some work done tonight. :adomisfreewareyoudontneedacrackorserialnumbertopl
danmanx
newcomer

Post by danmanx »

hey saxxon. just wanted to say what a fantastic job you have done on this simulator.I tested all my original words and it was wonderful to see them all open at once! I am looking happily forward to the next release!☺☺

my only self centered demand is mp3/wav support. I know you want to support the original zzt experience but zzt could gain a new following with a slight modification! more #play codes would be epic!

and maybe background graphics!

happy thanksgiving!
Smilymzx

Post by Smilymzx »

danmanx wrote:hey saxxon. just wanted to say what a fantastic job you have done on this simulator.I tested all my original words and it was wonderful to see them all open at once! I am looking happily forward to the next release!☺☺

my only self centered demand is mp3/wav support. I know you want to support the original zzt experience but zzt could gain a new following with a slight modification! more #play codes would be epic!

and maybe background graphics!

happy thanksgiving!
You'd have to wait for support for:

-Animated Font Support (uses .CFG or something)
-The Roton/Lyon Game Editor to be finished
-Enough support for Expanding ZZT's format (I wanted to add more elements, That is one of the two reasons)
-And a long enough user base (Transitional)

Also, Adding Commands does not allow for ZZT compatibility, That is what a new ZZT format is for!

Roton2 might support those if it get towards the extra time, That, or learn how to program for at least QB64 or Freebasic.
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Roton2 is going to be considered a "branch" of Roton. Even though it has a significantly different code base. I'll be slowly merging everything I've done with Roton2 back into the main trunk. It sure beats rewriting so much.

Test worlds have been added to the repository too, just in case we break something. I would like to have fully automated unit tests on those worlds at some point.
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

The goal will be to remove all the "ref <variable>" stuff and all public members of game classes and replace them with pointers. I've already done this with the tile code today.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

You'll have to get more specific about what the advantages of such a change are if I'm going to understand you. It sounds mostly like it organizational more than anything, to make it easier to work on. What I do understand is that you're working again!

PS: I got a good new year's resolution for you ;)
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Commodore wrote:You'll have to get more specific about what the advantages of such a change are if I'm going to understand you. It sounds mostly like it organizational more than anything, to make it easier to work on. What I do understand is that you're working again!

PS: I got a good new year's resolution for you ;)
We have a number of cool experimental things in the branches and in the main trunk. So what I plan to do is sift through all we have and implement all the good stuff in the main program. There's no sense in rewriting something that works well already (as I have a habit of doing.)

I got some of Roton converted over to the new memory system. The main reason I'm doing this is so we can also emulate some of ZZT's weird memory corruption bugs that some games actually count on to work. This will make your off-board title board player trick work and will be less of a hack to implement. The new memory system was born in one of the branches named "threaded". "newui" has a neat UI structure that I'd like to merge as well so we can get SuperZZT working better. Plus, it will give Spectere a more unified code base to continue working on his sound synthesis code, which is looking pretty cool so far.
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

This should help game developers as well as myself. The memory addresses here are 1:1 with ZZT.
Attachments
memviewer.png
akopa
newcomer

Post by akopa »

Will the current trunk build under Mono?
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

I think so. I don't have Mono set up currently.
Smilymzx

Post by Smilymzx »

The Centipedes are acting odd, They are seperating themselves in the latest builds!

Look at TOWN.ZZT In the board south of where you begin (the so-called Bug board), It's much noticible from there for example, They're supposed to be connected, But are never actually doing so in the builds I have...