ZZT won't run from a CD?

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

witchix
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

maybe you have a laptop you could use?
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
bigleague4040
I put ZZT on my iPhone.

Post by bigleague4040 »

Another rule- it's gotta run from Windows XP with NO ADMIN PRIVILEGES. That sucks royally. Was thinking of running QEMU with Windows 95 and DOSBox, but then they don't get to hear my ZZT music masterpieces [ok, I can't work the composer at all. WiL I ain't. Actually, I haven't had the patience to make more than 10 notes at a time.]
I put ZZT on my phone. :)
bigleague4040
I put ZZT on my iPhone.

Post by bigleague4040 »

Has to run from THEIR computer with THEIR windows XP with THEIR privileges. This is getting to be more of a race to see who can get past all of their bullcrap restrictions. Maybe that's why I was of the about 5 who entered, the only one who got anywhere, but was disqualified in the 2nd round because they couldn't open the dang game. They're used to stuff thrown together with RPG maker or something. Btw, I looked at SCI, and then the manual... Ok, I think I'm sticking with ZZT, even though I barely know how to use it. I just figured out how to make an object say something when you touch it! Woohoo! [The built in ZZT help isn't the best...]
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

If I were you I'd take the question directly to the dosbox forum. You seem to have us all stumped.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

http://zzt.org/quantum/temp/readonly.zip

It's a TSR I threw together that might make ZZT run off a CD. Or it might blow up your computer! I haven't tested it outside of DOSBox on OS X, but it seems to work.

What you do is you run "readonly.com i" to install the TSR, then run ZZT. So you might have a .bat file on the CD that looks like

readonly.com i
zzt.exe
readonly.com u

Here's hoping it at least partially solves your problem.
bigleague4040
I put ZZT on my iPhone.

Quantum P is awesome.

Post by bigleague4040 »

:whole: Thanks! I didn't notice that until now, but the project is due in a few weeks, then they review it, (then I pass because everyone else uses RPG Maker or something like that and puts zero effort into it), and then in March I can win a giant trophy. Anyways, I was gonna stuff the thing into QEMU, but that seems easier. And, using PocketDos, I can now run ZZT on my TouchPro2 and with iDos, I can put it on my iPod touch. So basically, if they tell me my game doesn't freaking work, I have many gadgets on me that I will gladly stuff up their noses this time. :)
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

Good luck! If you'd like to have your game beta-tested before you hand it in, you can post it here.
My waste is my weapon.