:icannotcontrol:

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

:icannotcontrol:

Post by Ellypses »

Current Stats:<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/zephyre_syx/yar ... GGASM!!</a> (Jur is set on "hard" mode)

I'm having a very sexy day, and all hell broke lose at work (must be the half liter of eggnog, pill overdose, and two cups of coffee =b)!!

Oh, I've came up with some wacked out idea that is just as bad as that company idea that crack zzt games. Exept this one is lacking of the "Oh gaud no!" area by being deliberate... Wait...What did I just said?

Anyway, starting with the problem. You have a game that you've abandoned, and is now collecting dust, or rotting away. You absolutely have no desire to complete that SOB, nor to touch it. But somehow you want it to be completed (or not). The idea. Drop your link to the failed project here, and if anyone thinks or wants to finish up the project, will do so at the author's permission.

Disclaimer: BUT!! In doing so, you are no longer in control of the project, nor are you are in control of the way it is completed, nor if it's overhauled. In handing off to someone else, you agreed that you no loner have anything to do with it.

Of course, when someone completes a handed off project, both names are written under "author of the game", but the one who completed it gets their name up front. Fair? Yea! The original author have their name at the back, but visible, but the guy who accidently ruins a awesome game gets the blame. Got it? No? Well, chew it anyway.

Theirs my horror of a idea.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Games added: 3
Posted by Dr. Dos at 6:39PM, October 12, 2006

Well, the first games of the year are out. And it's more than my prediction! ZZT isn't going to die guys.

Anyways let's take at look at these wonderful games:

Frost 2 by Dr. Dos
Aura 2 by MadTom
Respite 2 by Nadir

It wouldn't be a games update without a failure!
wartorn2.zip - 3.3kb Jazzy try putting in more than 5 minutes of work
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

This was pretty much my idea a year ago (you all know what I'm refering to). I say that it's not that bad of an idea. I got ry0's permission to finish "Kiddy Fun 2: Plague of the Penis" last summer, so it's not like no one is willing!
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

It's not a good idea.

Seriously, why on earth would anyone want to finish someone else's game?
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

You know, just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean that it's a bad one.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

The main problem I see in this idea is that the good ZZT programmers have <s>teenage angst</s> a unique passion for their games, a passion nonexistent in other authors. For example, I could certainly try to make Respite 2, but I don't care as much for dungeons, medieval-style fantasy, and mystical creatures as MadTom does (even though I liked the game).

I bet trading authors would seem more acceptable if the community had a stronger company-oriented mindset; that is, companies produce games, not individual programmers. ESP was close to that, having a variety of artists that filled in for each other when others quit. If the project started off as a group effort, handing off the project would be less of a deal than it is now.

Really, I think that the problems with handoffs depend greatly on the particular situation. Whether a handoff is good or bad is between the original author and his proposed successor.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Personally, I'd be reluctant to let anyone touch my unfinished work, even someone I liked and in whose abilities I had a great deal of faith. I know they're only ZZT games, but it would honestly be like Mozart's Requiem in D minor.

Only the first movement of it was fully scored by Mozart himself; the rest was filled in with patchy instruction by one of his students, who turned out to be pretty inept.

And guess which is the best movement of the whole requiem, by far?
BoonoB
Hardcore Motherfucker

Post by BoonoB »

the bit where he sees the statue of liberty and it turns out he was on earth all along
haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Right. You know, because Mozart totally had a thing for post-apocalyptic twists in his music.
ajc
Kill the stick men

Post by ajc »

Well, on the other hand, it WOULD be a way to see more games compleated. In that way it would help the comunity, but I have a hard time thinking programmers will be happy seeing thier old work butchered by other people. (Because thats how they will feel no matter how the project comes out.)

Too bad. I would have liked toying around with old abandoned work. Sounds like fun to me.
Currently working on: ZZTV 11.2 Channel Escape from the Burning Building - ON HOLD
Currently Playing: Burger Joint
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

whas iz zis ZZT off which you speek?