Cave Story

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

HellJester wrote:words
thank you for pointing out that webpage sir it rocks :ravebaron:

Also, to get Chaco's lipstick, you need to sleep in her bed after she tells you about the jellies, but before you actually leave her house and they appear.
r
What can be said now?

Post by 925 »

God bless you!

I posted those questions in several forums and you're the only one who knew the answers.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i would have answered this but i've not been on here in a few days

sorry but at least everyone else is kool as well

speaking of which, i never did get around to beating hell with the machine gun (as opposed to the spur).

it's worth mentioning that i got a 'clay medal' or something for defeating the red demon (hidden final cave), which i think is the last item in that guy's inventory. given the position of the other medal looking thing (first on the third row), i'd say that that is a result of beating ironhead (the waterway fish) quickly, or somesuch. i've not actually received it myself yet.

also i'm not sure if it was clear from dos' post but the room in curly's house where you get the underwear is the room where you find the first puppy.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Yeah, you get the medal for beating Ironhead super fast. A level 3 knife is pure ownage in that fight. Also, I can't get that speed run movie to play in Windows Media Player. Does anybody know of a good program for running .avi format movies?

I almost got under six minutes on Hell, but for some stupid reason I jumped onto the head of Ballos' final form and tried to finish him off by frantically firing an uncharged Spur while jumping up and down. Not a good idea. My current best time is 6'33"1. I like to let Curly's Nemesis do all the work during Ballos' first form, then Spur for second form, and a mixture of the two for the final two forms. Is it true that you unlock different title screens if you get your time under six minutes?
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i ran it fine in winamp, though it was silent; it's not like that really mattered very much though because i was looking for the fancy footwork, not the music!
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

Any media player should work, you just need the latest version of the DivX codec.
r
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Thanks, the codec was the problem. That video is amazing, I had no idea you could stand by his eyes like that, or that missiles kicked that much ass. I can barely even make it the sub boss in 2'20, let alone beat Ballos.
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

it would take me 6 minutes to get to heavy crusher or whatever.

I haven't played since I beat the game though.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

i just got the alien badge; you do need to defeat ironhead quickly, but i think you can't take any damage during the fight, either
r
What can be said now?

Post by 925 »

Yeah, whoever made that video had their controller set to auto-fire. Which is the main reason the boss' life went down so fast. That's also why he/she kept switching between missiles and nemesis so fast (otherwise the missiles would be gone in a matter of seconds).
zamros
my power level is enormous

Re: Cave Story

Post by zamros »

Hey everyone

I'm finally playing Cave Story for the first time

It's a good game

:keen:
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

:blazkowicz: :prezbw:
fungahhh
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

This is just ADOM all over again

:ravestory:
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.